IW STi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just loaded up the stage 1 93 octane map. So far so good. Did a little 3rd gear pull to 5000 and spool was good and seemed to be about 16psi if my conversion was correct. It's a little tricky to tell exactly what it is since I have the factory boost gauge, and .1 mpa is 14.54 psi and this goes a little beyond .1. I've also heard from several people that after a week or so of driving with the AP that it feels stronger. Also I noticed it does idle more smoothly w/ or w/o the ac on, which is nice too.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend with an 04 and alotta mods recommended a k&n airbox, but I've heard not to switch the airbox or intake with the access port. Sum people are having issues and others are ok??

·
Registered
48 Posts
leave the stock airbox....throw in a K&N drop in......I also did a GP moto intake elbow....(Not necessary & doesnt really do much) just gets rid of the silencer box....

Yes, the ECU "learns" & adjusts to the flash...10 days or so afterwards (in my experience) youll really feel teh difference......enjoy it! cobb is the shizznet....

now go get protuned for the real deal!:eek:

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
Agree with the above. The car turns into a bigger monster 4th-6th gears, I mean it PULLS.

Stick with the stock airbox. I got the Typhoon before I had the AP and have a bit wastegate flutter which isn't too bad, but decided to get Protuned.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice nice. I'm not used to the learning computer being a good thing. When I drove my turbo'd Rx8 with the emanage, the factory pcm would revert back to stock afrs after 2 or 3 weeks since it was a piggy back. This AP is nice b/c it totally reflashes and loads new maps and doesn't try to bs like greddy's emanage piggy back did...nothing but trouble with those piggy backs, and closed loop tuning at idle had no chance in hell!

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
nice dude, just get TBE and go Stage II. You'll think Stage I is a joke after you go Stage II + Protune.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My friend has a white 04 stage 2 and it's nice. I would love to eventually but the 1000 bucks for the turboback is gonna have to wait a while I think.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
WXRTSI said:
My friend has a white 04 stage 2 and it's nice. I would love to eventually but the 1000 bucks for the turboback is gonna have to wait a while I think.
you dont have to have afull TBE. you can run stg II with just a downpipe.

congrats tho!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Peleg said:
Agree with the above. The car turns into a bigger monster 4th-6th gears, I mean it PULLS.
this is where i noticed my big difference not so much in 6th, cause i never feel the need to go 120+ but 4th/5th running stg2 is freakin awesome, ps my ap has only been installed for a few days, i hope it get's even faster:tup: :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
The top end is notcibly better, 140 MPH comes awfully quick and you still got another gear to go.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet. I'll have to look into the read live boost w/ the AP.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
WXRTSI said:
Sweet. I'll have to look into the read live boost w/ the AP.

yeah live boost is a real nice feature on the AP

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
WXRTSI said:
Nice nice. I'm not used to the learning computer being a good thing. When I drove my turbo'd Rx8 with the emanage, the factory pcm would revert back to stock afrs after 2 or 3 weeks since it was a piggy back. This AP is nice b/c it totally reflashes and loads new maps and doesn't try to bs like greddy's emanage piggy back did...nothing but trouble with those piggy backs, and closed loop tuning at idle had no chance in hell!
hey, are you the guy that posted a few weeks ago that had a pretty built rx8 and was thinking of going with an sti?

edit: nevermind, that was this guy http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63073&highlight=rx8 . anyway...congrats on the 06 with the ap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts