IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...my Pink STi front strut bar ... w00t!!! :lol:

Took me less than 45 minutes to install, including moving the A/C line bracket and relocating the horn. VERY easy mod.

Looks good, and it's pretty stiff ... can't wait till I test it tomorrow ... :wink:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Niiice...we will be twins by the end of next week! :D Is it the REAL DEAL STi front aluminum strut bar or is it the replica? I will be getting the Real STi-manufactured piece for my STi(white/gold too!).

Thanks for the pics,
-Matt

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The replica one ... it is very stiff ... before installing it, I stood on it.
The welds are extremely well done, IMO. The polished aluminum is also very high quality. :)

I noticed a definite improvement... not a placebo effect at all.. The front of the car has been stiffened substancially... I noticed this while taking a turn a left turn on a street. The car doesn't feel that "sloppy" or twitchy anymore...

The stiffened front can also be felt by changing lanes on the highway. Small bumps and depressions on the road also.

I thought that the STi's front was stiff enough, and that the shocks being close to the firewall would not benefit from extra strengthening that the strut bar provides. Well, I'm glad I proved that wrong, because I can definitely feel it.

I will go and buy the rear as well... :wink:

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm getting the whole nine put on within the next coming week. This weekend, in fact, the STi "pink" lowering springs along with the STi Group N strut tops are getting installed. The following week the STi-manufactured front and rear strut bars should be arriving and installed shortly after.

I'll let you know how things work out,
-Matt

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will adding a BOV void the warranty?

I'm waiting for the rear strut bar as well.. I expect to see some changes in handling as well... Let me know how it comes out ...

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$69 shipped ... those are the replica bars, not much different from the STi original bars .. one guy over at NASIOC sells them (TB Racing).

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished doing the rear strut bar ...

Installation was more complicated than the front, getting the socket wrench to fit in the above the rear passengers, plus removing the rear left and right seat belt retractors ... :-?

Removing the rear seats is easy, takes about 5 minutes... I used these instructions:

http://www.oakos.com/wrx/installs/RSTB/

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many ft/lbs did you torque the strut top bolts to after you put the strut bar on, I think I read somewhere that if you over torque them something will snap? :eek: Anyone? I have the front and rear replica set from gruppe-s, im just waiting for spring to put those and the rest of the stuff I have in.

·
Registered
535 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
$69 shipped ... those are the replica bars, not much different from the STi original bars .. one guy over at NASIOC sells them (TB Racing).
Couldnt find this guy
Do you have a link, email or phone for him?

Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts