IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put the drilled rotors on my STi and love em!

The suspension is a custom setup from Easy Street Motorsports made custom by Progress and they rock! They ride much better than other coilovers I've had and not harsh at all.

Mario

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
looks nice, how much did u fork???

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
STi_Thunder said:
Noice! The STi should come stock with those ... :)

I agree, but thats where is profit has to come in play with SOJ and SOA ya know! :roll:

What are the size on those rotors? I think that is a sweet setup!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
I wonder if, with those rotors, the brakes will squeal if your are backing up slowly, and then brake?

I get that sound when my car has been sitting overnight in my garage...

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
yea mine do the same thing too!

·
Registered
96 Posts
So what tracks have you done? Where have you overheated your brakes? The suspension give you a lot of lean in turns on the race course?

Just curious if it's all for bling factor or if you actually *need* the upgrades.

-mike

·
Super Moderator
10,704 Posts
In2Deep said:
Just put the drilled rotors on my STi and love em!
Mario,

Rotors look really nice, do you notice any difference in dusting or noise level light, moderate and hard brake apply?

Blue

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hate to rain on your parade, and they look really cool, but drilled rotors are not the way to go. Slotted gives all the benefits without the negatives with cracking. Are the holes truly drilled, or cast with a radius? The latter last longer under sever usage.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Web_Foot_STi said:
Hate to rain on your parade, and they look really cool, but drilled rotors are not the way to go. Slotted gives all the benefits without the negatives with cracking. Are the holes truly drilled, or cast with a radius? The latter last longer under sever usage.
But dood, they look so cool. They are of course upgraded and make the STi complete! Haaaaaaaaaa

Have to agree, I like solid or if you must bling em, slotted. As You mentioned drilled (the only cast drilled I know of are porsche and amg ones) will eventually crack if you actually use em for track events and if you aren't tracking your car, there is no need to get such upgraded rotors in the first place....

-mike

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Cusco sway bar?

just slap some porche ones on there =) Or then again looks arent everything, u need the power to stop, not the looks to kill ......;-)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those are straight from Brembo and are made specifically for the STi. They are 12.7's in the front and 12.4's in the rear. They are available in slotted OR drilled. The holes are chamfered (sp?) and computer drilled as to not touch any of the structural members. After the drilling is done they balance them as well. All in all they are beautiful in person and work very well under hard use through the canyons ;)

Got it all through Easy Street Motorsports. 818.764.9800

Sport Compact Car's Dave Coleman drove the car and approved of the suspension as did another editor of a popular magazine. The car is actually in a photoshoot as we speak (California Car Cover) getting a custom car cover. Look for it in magazines as well as events like D1 Grand Prix, Hot Import Night and the Rim of the World Rally.

Mario

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds good. I'm at work a whole lot but planning on driving on Sun.

Mario 619.392.3483

1 - 20 of 33 Posts