IW STi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the Perrin Short Ram Intake and the Turbo-back exhaust system with the RFL Ti muffler from Turbo XS. There's only one thing to say, "WOW!!!". The car really pins you to the seat at higher RPM's, also it's freakin loud, both exhaust and intake. No complaints as of yet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Thanks DVTURK!!!

Looks good, just keep an eye on your rear bumper where the exhaust exits. Some people have complained about melting it with that exhaust.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any Dealer Selling @ MSRP around WI-MKE/ ILL-CHi

gforced said:
Looks good, just keep an eye on your rear bumper where the exhaust exits. Some people have complained about melting it with that exhaust.
Hopefully it won't, but as a precaution, there are 3/4" worth of spacers on the left side mounting bracket and the right side mounting post was bent down with a little brut force. Also added heat resistent tape to the bumper above the exhaust pipe, and several coats of wax in the general area.

If that fails, I'll install that not so pretty heat shield that was on another forum. Rather have that than a partially melted bumper.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
i was wondering is the whole axl back titanium?? or is it just the muffler?? if its just the muffler couldn't a good exhaust place be able to *insert* a 2 inch pice of pipe somewhere in the system? so that the tip would extend past the bumper. that would do away with the hole melting bumper issue.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
Just the muffler's tip I think is Ti.

You could do that. . . but then the hangers for the muffler would need to be repositioned. . . nothing a good muffler shop can't handle, though. :D

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice and clean. Looks good.

I am glad that it runs good for you. I had problems and I assume it was boost creep. It was before my gauge install though so no PSI numbers. I removed the Perrin and I have had no problems.

I was running about 16.5 max boost with the RFL-Ti and hacked stock box.

Do you have the RFL-Ti that has been "adjusted"? Some people with STi's have had discoloration and melting of the bumper {esp. wit no cat}. I have a slight melt and a little discoloration with a high flow cat. Watch your back bumper and keep it clean!

More info here
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=414289&perpage=25&pagenumber=5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts