IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Authorized Vendor
2,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes! Finally, after days of shifting every other second I can let the throttle out for a change. Excuse my enthusiasm ;)

Got suggestions for first mod(s)? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of audio, then boost controller (blitz), err etc.

·
Registered
411 Posts
ascelon said:
Yes! Finally, after days of shifting every other second I can let the throttle out for a change. Excuse my enthusiasm ;)

Got suggestions for first mod(s)? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of audio, then boost controller (blitz), err etc.
Be patient, wait for the engine management system to be released. Until then, upgrade your suspension or get a nice stereo system.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice! I'm sitting at like 953 miles right now, so I should be able to let her fly this weekend if I take a nice long way home from work tomorrow night.

·
Registered
69 Posts
You think at 1000 it flips a switch in your engine making it ok to push it? All you gotta do is gradually work it up over the first 1000 miles. GRADUAL being the key there. For how long, 500/1000 is always debated. :)

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I'd rather say to err on the side of caution and say baby it for 1000, then ease it up from there. Not that I really did that, I have done a few WOT runs now but in general I still drive it very smooth and slow, trying not to abuse it too much. It still is very much a brand new car with just over 1200 miles on it, and I'd be stupid to be slamming it around all the time when it's not necessary to.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Agree 100% with RadarOnPaws.....no need to push it, there's nothing to prove. People who know this car know it can walk away from them with an ease in a race.

I don't want to sound judgemental or hijack this thread, but why in the world would you modify the suspension on such a car? The car already has a fully blown race suspension that you paid money on, so now you are going to put more money into it???? Not smart....

Also, all this BOV, boost controller....again...why interfear with the way the car was made....just leave it alone and save yourself the headaches of modifications. I test drove this car and it's a rocket, who needs more than that.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with modifying it. I would take my time and make sure the mods are good and that they will be reliable and make sense.

The suspension can be improved upon without ruining it if you are careful, same with the engine. I love my car, but after I get a few thousand more miles on it, I will be wanting to see where Vishnu is at with his STi stage packages. Heck, yes. If I can add 50 or 70 whp without making the car overly noisy or unable to pass emissions, I will definitely want to.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I was looking into Vishnu...they are local, I'm 20 miles north of them.

You guys are going to spoil me and make me upgrade the STi once I get....ahhhhhhaaa geez...here we go again:

"P SAYS IT NEEDS MORE TORQUE". LOL

Peace out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I just hit 1000 yesterday afternoon and opened the car up for the first time. DAAAAYYYUMMM!! These cars haul ass off the line. Talk about fun. Scared the crap out of my girlfriend.. hahaha.

·
So Gangster It Hurts
3,521 Posts
DrEvyl said:
I just hit 1000 yesterday afternoon and opened the car up for the first time. DAAAAYYYUMMM!! These cars haul ass off the line. Talk about fun. Scared the crap out of my girlfriend.. hahaha.

SWEET! I figured you were just about there, bro! ;)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yukonart said:
SWEET! I figured you were just about there, bro! ;)
Yeah, it is SO NICE to finally not be worried about getting on it... and I'm definitely impressed at how the car performs. I ran it up to around 100 a few times. Got to completely embarrass a Mustang GT already with it... wasn't much of a contest.

It's real clear to me that Subaru made sure they covered every base with this car, because it certainly delivers great performance in every aspect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts