IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
ya a 2003 cobra has been know to get it handed to itself by STis at the 1/8th. epsecially with the cocky drivers (too much gas and tire spin/fishtalin). At least down here anyways, with a good driver im sure you'd have a good chance.

Robert~

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can't I have both? :)

its not that i need a faster car. I just really like the STI.

Cobra was Dynoed back in Dec at 454rwhp 463 rwtq.

Again, just really would be nice to have both. Maybe as a 2nd car.

EDit: I'll update the profile with mods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just think it would be fun to go crazy on modding an STI. A friend of mine here in Phx has an older WRX with 430+ whp. Modified drivetrain of course. Would be great to have a hot rod STI rippin around town.

Cobra mods are as follows for whatever its worth:

smaller 2.93 pulley from a Ford Lightning; 9" cone air filter; off road Bassani x-pipe; bassani catback; NGK TR6 spark plugs; MGW adj shift handle; Diablo flip chip with 91 oct program and 104 octane program

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dont rag on cobras, they're cool cars. Friend of mine had one and all that power was pretty impressive. Pulling off the line was a kick in the pants. Only real complaint I ever had driving it was that it starts to get really unstable at high speeds I mean scary.

I have a friend who interned at Ford. He said he saw wind tunnel tests of mustangs and was shocked. Apparently they're not the most aerodynamic cars out there but hey who buys a Cobra for aerodynamics you buy it because your mantra is:

"No replacement for displacement"

....Except forced induction, of course. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
simon13elmont said:
Dont rag on cobras, they're cool cars. Friend of mine had one and all that power was pretty impressive. Pulling off the line was a kick in the pants. Only real complaint I ever had driving it was that it starts to get really unstable at high speeds I mean scary.
Had an encounter with a cobra once at pretty high speed with my MR2 Turbo. The driver wanted to show off at first.. but when I was pulling away at 120, he refused to keep up.. I guess now I know why.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts