IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it happened....Got rear ended on the highway about an hour ago in my black/gold. Thought you all might like to know that the STi takes to damage like a 57 chevy....The guy rear ended me going 30 and all I have is slight exhaust and bumper damage( great excuse to get turbo- back now)...She's a tough little one...Anyone else have this happen yet?? Would love to hear similar stories.

Drive Safe...and watch that rear view!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
EJ25 said:
Well it happened....Got rear ended on the highway about an hour ago in my black/gold. Thought you all might like to know that the STi takes to damage like a 57 chevy....The guy rear ended me going 30 and all I have is slight exhaust and bumper damage( great excuse to get turbo- back now)...She's a tough little one...Anyone else have this happen yet?? Would love to hear similar stories.

Drive Safe...and watch that rear view!
Sorry to hear that man. To be honest, I would have expected a ton of damage, good to know that isn't the case.

-st

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my first ding....

Do you know why? Although some people may have bought an STI for its performance, alot of people wont buy anything but a Subaru due to their quality control, safety, AWD, and performance. Unlike most manufacturers, Subaru builds their cars with 5 mph impact bumpers. The National standard ( and law, also) is 2.5 mph bumpers. One more case of Subaru going the extra step. (EVO has 2.5 by the way) Way more damage.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This is the only car i ever owned that I worry about REAR collisions - things i cannot see - cause I have so much control and can stop when I want otherwise. I actually look into my rearview mirror when hard braking to avoid this problem. these brembos... I actually dodged a guy that way - i went left, he went right. :-? If only their brakes were so good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts