IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just got quoted $1112 for a 6 month premium on an 04' sti. I called the insurance company and gave them a vin from one off ebay. This is an outrageous amount and I once was told that a STi is cheaper than a wrx for insurance because it insures as a luxury car. I got quoted for $1025 for an 04' wrx, again with a vin off ebay.
I have nationwide insurance and my 00' jeep and 00' chrysler van are around $500. I did the same coverage as these cars.
I know these things are sporty but DAMM!!:eek::eek::eek:

Does any one have any info that can help or any one wanna share what they pay??:tup::tup:

·
3,283 Posts
When I called to ask what it would cost me to insure an STi it was only ~ $100 more a year then the WRX.

It's really hard to compare insurance rates because there are a TON of variables but I pay close to what you listed above.

The STi is a 300hp sports sedan which has expensive body parts and can get the owner in a lot of trouble when they got a little fast. It's not a cheap car to insure.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey I just got quoted $1112 for a 6 month premium on an 04' sti. I called the insurance company and gave them a vin from one off ebay. This is an outrageous amount and I once was told that a STi is cheaper than a wrx for insurance because it insures as a luxury car. I got quoted for $1025 for an 04' wrx, again with a vin off ebay.
I have nationwide insurance and my 00' jeep and 00' chrysler van are around $500. I did the same coverage as these cars.
I know these things are sporty but DAMM!!:eek::eek::eek:

Does any one have any info that can help or any one wanna share what they pay??:tup::tup:
lol .. i pay more then that with a perfect record. You didnt know that STi's are on the top 10 for highest insurance cost.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

·
Registered
4,807 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
If you can get Wawanesa do it, i am paying like $90 bucks a month and I am 23, but my car is considered a pleasure vehicle. You have to have a good driving record, and i do not know what states they cover. But they are the cheapest.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I pay $240 a month which is about $1400 or so every six months. I would welcome $1100. USAA told me the car is listed as a sports car thats why it is so much. I had a wreak about 4 years ago. I have only been paying USAA back for it for almost 3 years they told me it would drop alot in Nov. when my policy renews and the wreak is all the way off.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I also use USAA for my 2005 STi. When I bought the policy I had 4 points. I bought a full coverage policy with a $1k deductible($40 a month cheaper than $500 deductible). I'm 22. That means 3300 a year, or 278 a month.

I just got 6 more points for a wreck causing $17k damage to my car(still being repaired, they value it at high twenties). I can't wait. My monthly payment is going to be more than some pay for a full year.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I pay $150.00 a month and I have a bad driving history. Shop around and you can find something good.:tup: I called AIS and they qouted me 500.00 a month.:eek: No thanks!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I also use USAA for my 2005 STi. When I bought the policy I had 4 points. I bought a full coverage policy with a $1k deductible($40 a month cheaper than $500 deductible). I'm 22. That means 3300 a year, or 278 a month.

I just got 6 more points for a wreck causing $17k damage to my car(still being repaired, they value it at high twenties). I can't wait. My monthly payment is going to be more than some pay for a full year.
LOL, holy crap man you are going to have to get a Fiesta or something to drive to afford coverage on it.:lol:

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Ha...that is such a stupid list. Of course those are the most expensive to insure...they're the most expensive period.

What are there, maybe a couple thousand of those cars total in the US?
certainly is... however, the STi made NY dept of insurance's 2006 list of difficult-to-insure vehicles.

http://www.ins.state.ny.us/auto/2006/auto0610.htm

and a more down-to-earth car list has the impreza wrx as #4 (evo #1, benz cl class #2, srt-4 #3): http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/InsureYourCar/10CostliestCarsToInsure.aspx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just be glad you're not living in NJ. I will be paying ~$330/month. 22 years old... that's the cheapest I've found. Allstate wanted $670/month... hahaha. And no, I don't have points or anything. I had an accident nearly 4 years ago that doesn't "count" any more. Oh well!

1 - 20 of 627 Posts