IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my STi and am loving it so far. I am in the process of spec'ing out a system for the car and am wanting to do XM. To any of you guys that are running it.

1. Did you do the install yourself, and if you did where did you place your sat tuner/antenna. And how did you power your sat tuner?

2. Got any pics of antenna mountings or spots?

Thanks
Rage

M

·
0 Posts
I have xm, I installed it myself, it's powered off the car battery.

I put the antenna insie the dashboard underneath the clock.

I mounted the tuner under the driver's seat.

·
Registered
858 Posts
fortunately, my XM tuner is part of the sony UNILINK system, so it is mounted in the rear. i HAD the cool looking pioneer SHARK FIN antenna, but that died recently... and right before my 1200 mile roundtrip...

the good news is that terk is coming out with really cool looking and SMALL antennas...

now my SIRIUS unit is the plug and play one and i am powering it via the cig lighter and using the tape cassette adapter (yuck).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waiting Germany delivery of my STI

Is it possible to run the antenna on the inside of the car? I thought it had to be outside. Are you getting many drops or low signal?

·
Registered
575 Posts
no doing it under the clock works great, I have run this setup with my old Subaru 1998 RS and this one no probbs and you are not advertising custom stereo install

its very stealthy

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I get great reception with the antenna mounted under the dash.

In fact, one of the main reasons I chose XM over sirius, was because my buddy had to mount his sirius antenna in a visible location to get signal, and I didn't want anyone to know I had it if I could help it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts