IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call saturday waking me up from slumber to get my ass down to the dealership. Was up all night dj'ing and didn't even get a chance to shower. Just jetted down there in yesterday's old t-shirt and sandals. Hahaha...

Here it is... I hope i attached it correctly :)

Cheers all,

Chadwick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Congrats, I got mine this weekend. Are you anxious about hitting the 1k break-in to let her loose. I can't wait.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey! congrats to you too! yeh, i've been driving it everywhere trying to break the 1k mark. so tempted to see what this baby can do, so far, i can only imagine and read about it. but for now, it's a good way to avoid speeding tix and racing ricer kids. :)

you got a pic of your ride?

by the way, i haven't decided if it's a HIM or a HER... hahaha...

·
Registered
452 Posts
Congratulations! I have got a Silver/Silver myself a few weeks ago.

What a great colour combo! - I had initially wanted a Black / Gold, but the extended wait period associated with it made me go for a more readily available (at the time) Silver / Silver. But, you know, the more I look at it, the more I like this "compromise". It looks particuarly great after the rain - the glistening shine! ;-)

As I was new to a manual car, it was somewhat frustrating at first because I could not make it go smooth without a shake / jerk. Your mileage may vary but, after I:
- got used to the sensitive gear box / clutch (say, compared to Hondas, Minis, Miatas... maybe due to the power/torque? Dunno)
- broke in the car (> 1000 miles)
- learned to heel & toe or double clutch
- learned the pendulum swing turn (I came from an FR and had found the turning radius of the STi to be a little too wide :-? , and a friend taught me this little trick ... and all that complaints went away .. mostly.)
... I started enjoying the car so much more. I trust that you will absolutely love the car!

I have not done anything to the car yet, but I hope to:
- tint it (Merc-like Blue or plain black)
- and do something about the sound... (I don't necessarily want a BoV, but I wish I could hear the BoV / Turbo / Exhaust a little better -- not for show-off but for my own enjoyment as I really like this car's sound...!)

Based on a friend's advice, I thought about a Turbo Timer, but based on the recent thread, I am holding back for the time being.

Enjoy!

Rich

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I just posted yesterday. See my post "Thanks Huffines". The problem we will face is when we get our plates, no one will know that we just got it and that we probably have not past the break-in. I thought about making a sign that I could hold up that says "I am not finished breaking her in, but I will smoke you when it is." :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"I am not finished breaking her in, but I will smoke you when it is." - hahaha... for sure bro, i feel ya' on that one.

and yeh, i saw your pic, nice one! it feels good knowing that all the color combos provided by subaru works. the black looks mean!

also, my buddy has a turbo timer on his ride, says it's great and puts years on your car, i was thinking about it. i gotta find that thread that changed your mind. thx for the headz up.

personally, i'm doing absolutely nothing to my ride. maybe a turbo timer, a cd player and speakers (of course) and maybe a tint. but no mods.

also, does anyone have any recommendations for some all year around tires? since ours are slicks for the summer.

and yeh, i love the silver on silver combo.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Where do you live? My salesman said unless your driving in thick snow not to worry about it. Subaru made a big deal about the tires to cover themselves from a potential lawsuit. He said they would be fine here in Dallas.

As far as mods, I want a APS BOV, and catback exhaust (probably JIC). I probably won't do much more until the computers are released.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i live in northern virginia / dc metro region... 20 miles west of washington, dc

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
FS JDM Version 7 Gold STi wheels

Well, I would probably buy a set of snow tires for the winter and use the Potenzas for the warmer times. I am not that familiar with snow conditions and performance tires. Check out tire rack, you can probably find something there.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Jahwei, congrats on the new ride. i see you're in nova. if you don't mind, drop an "i'm here" message in the welcome thread in the mid-atlantic forum. just trying to keep a head count of people in the area for any meetings we may have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeh, i was thinking of getting an extra set of rims and all season tires... some deep dish rims... i think that might be my only major purchase for the ride, except for the stereo system... (turbo timer? tint the windows?)

overall, it just seems to be pain having to switch back and forth between tires twice a year at some shop...

unless i can hit the 1000 mile break-in before the end of summer and burn these tires out

;) jk... hahaha...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Oil Catch Can?

I am sure you could burn through them quickly by throwing it through corners, smoking poor, unsuspecting American muscle cars, and just excelerating for the fun of it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aw man! now you're tempting me... lol... plenty of those muscle cars here...

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
I can't wait to smoke a vette. I live in pretentious-ville and we have a lot of guys driving the base model vette that don't know how to drive. I can't wait to see the look on there face when I take them in a Subaru.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahaha... good luck bro ;) even though we know you won't need it with an sti.

do it for all of us :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very nice ride! Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thx Vader :)

Oh yeh, I was messing with the dealer logo sticker by pealing some letters off. This was the outcome.

Before, it said: Manassas - Dodge Kia Subaru

Hahaha...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts