IW STi Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Sean and all the others at Van Bortel (especially Kitty VB for running the place). Exceeded all my expectations. I had the stereo installed as soon as I got home. My perfect car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Congratulations. My silver/silver is due any day now. I drool everytime someone posts pictures such as what you posted.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas-I want to get a good feel for driving a car with a) this much power and b) AWD, as well as to insure my warranty won't be affected. Right now I like the sound of the stock muffler, too. Of course, I said that about my last BMW, and ended up with a supercharger, suspension kit, new wheels, etc.

I give myself about a year before I can't stand it anymore & bump it up to 400 hp. But for now, it's heaven. God bless subaru for bringing us this car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $29,991 out the door, which includes the mirror, armrest, and wheel locks upgrade.

Doesn't include state tax, since it's different from state to state and you pay where you register the car.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
amdmaxx said:
Don't u have to pay taxes right away?
Directly from Van Bortel when I checked in with them to see how their allocations looked a month ago:

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your interest in the Subaru STi. The price (at $400 over factory invoice) is $29,640. To that you would add $40.00 for an in-transit fee. The in-transit fee gives you a permit to drive the car back to NC. and 30 days to register the car. If you were to have the car "shipped" to NC, you would have you contact trucking companies and get prices. Subaru will deliver our cars to our dealership only.

So, you have to register within 30 days. Here in NC the property tax follows the registration, so if you transfer tags you ride out the remainder of the year on your previous vehicles value.

Can someone comment on SALES tax?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Salex tax on a vehicle is payable to the DMV in the state where the vehicle is to be titled. If you live in NJ and you buy a car in NJ, you will most likely pay NJ State sales tax to the dealer - but only becuase the dealer is performing the DMV transaction of title and registration for you. If you live in NJ and you buy a car in PA, you will pay NJ State sales tax to DMV in NJ when you go to get your title and permanent plates.
(Unless of course the PA dealer has someone who handles the NJ DMV transactions)

·
Registered
347 Posts
In Missouri, you pay at a Missouri Department of Revenue Licensing Office no matter what state you buy the car in. Also, you have 30 days to pay after taking possesion on the vehicle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts