IW STi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got my 06 STI back from the alignment shop after installing a set of Tanabe GF 210s. Here are the results:

Front Left Right
Camber -.5 -.7
Caster 4.5 4.4
Toe -.01 -.02

Rear
Camber -1.7 -1.2
Toe .03 .00

whaddya think? Is it normal for them to leave it with minimal defferences between the sides like this? I asked them to max out the camber and the rest was up to them.

thanks to all who helped with info while I was installing the springs!

Ryan

·
Poor Speed Racer
4,432 Posts
well my rear is something like that, its more one one side, but its "non-adjustable" so we are stuck with it.

the fronts though i have maxed out at -.7 both L & R I had them try to get it the same on both sides and it turned out just fine.

Hoe do you like the alignment? big difference over the stock?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, I am not sure how I feel about the alignment, I feel like the tires are the weak part of the car's handling right now. I am running Pirelli PZero Nero's 225/45/17 and compared to the stock RE070s they are squishy as hell.

I have only taken a few hard turns but the feeling is just as if the tires got a little less squishy.

I think to really feel the difference I will need to go to some stiffer tires.

SPAZEGUN: thanks for your help with my install!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeah, not bad. Would be nice if you could get a bit more than -1 in the front, but it should be better than what you had before (do you have those #s, too?).

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No I don't have the before #s. I had just put springs in and didn't bother putting the alignment bolts in at a certain angle. I think that Camber plates will be somewhere in my future. I think that I am happy with the rears though.

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
What did you tell them you wanted? Or was it not that kind of place? You want MAX neg camber in the front (especially important on 05+ sti) and as little in the rear as they can wiggle out (which is right around where you're at).

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^ Yup, what I told him was to max out the front negative camber. Those were the only instructions that I gave him. The place is called "Wheel Works" and I think it's a pretty big chain (not sure though) the guys seem pretty competant there. They are a little overpriced compared to tirerack.com, but they usually have what I want in stock and will do work the same day. Price you pay for convenience I guess.

after all was said and done he said that was the max they could crank out of the front.

Did I read that right that you want less negative camber in the rear? our rears are not really "adjustable" correct?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Otter said:
Did I read that right that you want less negative camber in the rear? our rears are not really "adjustable" correct?
Correct, but you can get 0.1-0.3 deg adjustment with the right amount of "persuation." You definitely want less camber in the rear in relation to the front, especially for our understeering cars.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well then I guess the future addition of the camber plates will take care of that.

BTW radracer I clicked your sig NWS link... OMG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts