IW STi Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
The only thing I've taken my car back to Subaru for is the tune (GR stumble) and ringland failure that should have been a recall. I need to get the airbag done soon tho I don't even let the hookers I pick up sit in the front seat...at least in the passenger seat anyway.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I got the air bag recall notice about half a year ago. Went into the dealer and they replaced it that same day. Got lucky the shipment of parts came in that day, so they squeezed me in before the 3 month waiting list started.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I got another recall, this time the passenger bag? And I just got done the driver last week!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
there's a recall for the drivers side on the 06?? Mine was only recalled for the passenger side
That's actually a good question. I assumed it was the driver side because the dealer card said "airbag recall". I'll check my dealer receipt. Maybe what I got was a mailer reminder and not a new recall. I'll report back.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Just got my passenger side airbag replaced on Saturday (2005 STI) after almost 2 years of notices to replace it. Dealer mentioned driver side is not affected at least on a 2005 model.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
so it was passenger side too. I confirmed on the bill of material

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is definitely something you want to get done. The shitty part is the time frame to get it done may not be super quick. I called 3 different dealerships and they all said they had to order the parts and it would be a 3 month wait. 3 months went by and I called and they said it would be another couple weeks. Those couple weeks went by and I called again and they said wait another month. It was ridiculous. Finally after about 6 months I got this done. But it's absolute bullshit! What if you absolutely have to have passengers in your car? Has anyone had a loaner for 6 months? I can see people having to drive their kids to school and such and having issues with this. Luckily for me I have another vehicle so when I went places with my girlfriend we just didn't take the Subaru. Her piece of shit 2004 Civic had the same recall and she got her airbag replaced within a week.

Just keep bugging Subaru and get it done. I've read stories of these things blowing up and killing people in the car.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is definitely something you want to get done. The shitty part is the time frame to get it done may not be super quick. I called 3 different dealerships and they all said they had to order the parts and it would be a 3 month wait. 3 months went by and I called and they said it would be another couple weeks. Those couple weeks went by and I called again and they said wait another month. It was ridiculous. Finally after about 6 months I got this done. But it's absolute bullshit! What if you absolutely have to have passengers in your car? Has anyone had a loaner for 6 months? I can see people having to drive their kids to school and such and having issues with this. Luckily for me I have another vehicle so when I went places with my girlfriend we just didn't take the Subaru. Her piece of shit 2004 Civic had the same recall and she got her airbag replaced within a week.

Just keep bugging Subaru and get it done. I've read stories of these things blowing up and killing people in the car.
I had a new crosstrek. For almost 2 months as a loaner, the dealership will give you one for the airbag recall as it is Takata who pays for it, not Subaru so it costs the dealership nothing.

·
Registered
859 Posts
i was lazy and didnt bother setting up an appt when i had my recall letter. fast forward 6 months later, and was able to sneak an appt in. THey said 3-7 business days, but i got it next day. My coworker took maybe 2 days. I think they're speeding up as less and less people are rolling in.

they also swapped out the air pump relay. i find it funny... cuz i'm sure they would have noticed my airpump delete when swapping the relay.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts