IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, I just flashed stage 2 and wow... this is great, feels so smooth and pulls like a V8... a stout one!

couple of questions though:

1: I have a very small exhaust leak, barely audible with the windows down, and pretty obvious when you lay down next to the car, due to using a Helix DP with stock Catback. It is not loud enough to annoy me, and probably others won't even notice it, is this a problem? am I risking or losing anything by having it this way? Not ready for an aftermarket catback just yet.

2: I hit a boost spike of 18.3. this is within perameters correct?

thank you guys so much for all of your help up to this point! I couldn't have done it w/out you. I know you will continue to be a huge help into the future!

MODS: sorry if you want this in the ECU tuning forum, wasn't sure

thanks again

Ryan

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
isnt 18.3 stge2 tho??

·
Registered
228 Posts
Otter said:
hey all, I just flashed stage 2 and wow... this is great, feels so smooth and pulls like a V8... a stout one!

couple of questions though:

1: I have a very small exhaust leak, barely audible with the windows down, and pretty obvious when you lay down next to the car, due to using a Helix DP with stock Catback. It is not loud enough to annoy me, and probably others won't even notice it, is this a problem? am I risking or losing anything by having it this way? Not ready for an aftermarket catback just yet.

2: I hit a boost spike of 18.3. this is within perameters correct?

thank you guys so much for all of your help up to this point! I couldn't have done it w/out you. I know you will continue to be a huge help into the future!

MODS: sorry if you want this in the ECU tuning forum, wasn't sure

thanks again

Ryan

Where did you get the 18.3? From the AccessPort? The only reason I ask is because that is the max it will read.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ADDED BY MODERATOR: The below information is incorrect. For the boost targets on a Cobb Stage 2 setup please read down further.

Original post:
try the HWG map, or loosen the WG arm..

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
yeah.....

·
Registered
115 Posts
You want the low waste gate map.

Originally, I had the regular 93 octane stg. 2 map and was boosting to spikes of 21 or 22 psi. Noticeable compressor surge.

After flashing the LWG stg. 2 map, I get spikes to 18.5-19 psi. holding 2nd in Solo events. This is the reading on my Defi gauge (peak recording).

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
after a bit more driving with it, and a lot of staring at the accessport, I am noticing that I am hitting 17.3-17.5 in 3rd and 4th and it seems that I hit 18.0 or higher only in 5th gear, and just for a moment. When it goes to 18.3, it is there just long enough for my eyes to register it.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
... NOPE, just checked, its 15.8 +/- .5 ... so yea, buddy, your spiking pretty bad..
and if the AP maxes out at 18.3, then i wouldnt doubt it that your boosting over that..
try the HWG map, or loosen the WG arm..
whoa whoa whoa whoa there Marcymarc.....

enough with the bad, bad info here.

Remember, we're talking STi's here, not WRX's. There is no "loosening the WG arm" on the VF39. And According the COBB STage 2 map notes, target boost is 17.5 +/- .5 PSI. So you're overboosting just a bit. I would wait a few more days to let the ECU learn before you start messing with the LWG maps (not the HWG one that someone else mentioned - that map is for people you can't reach target boost).

Also, try using ecuexplorer to do some data logging - that way you're not staring at your AP - it works using the AP cable.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^thank you, I knew those #s weren't right. Unfortunately, I use a MAC so ecu explorer is out of the question. Thankfully the guys at Fine Line Imports were nice enough to load maps on to my Accessport for me.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
is there a way to report that post by marcymarc to a moderator? there was nothing in that post that was accurate! Had I put that information to direct use, I could have really messed up my car, and who is to say that someone won't?

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
its an internet forum - its full of, what I like to call, DUFF GEN.

Best thing to do is take everyone's suggestions with a grain of salt, and make a judgement based on the concensus of multiple people, not a single response.:tup:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
don't forget about the outside temp factor, and do you have an intake? I have to use LWG map when its starts cooling off...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts