IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After 3 weeks of bidding in Japan I finally won the bid last night !!!!!

I now own a MY2001 WRX STI JPN spec. with 1,000 kms on the tach. SILVER.

It will take 4 - 6 weeks to get here...can't wait :wink:

This site must be lucky, posted on this site for the first time last night and I finally won a bid...:smile:

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
866 Posts
Congratulations. Hope you enjoy your STi when you get it.

Did you mean odometer? :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfredob1 on 2002-02-20 13:49 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I just replied to your other post. So I see you won the bid. Congrats. Let's see some pics when you take delivery of your new baby.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, thx again :smile:

I should be getting some pics through from Japan next week. When I get them I will post them for you guys :wink:

As soon as the car is landed here in a month or so I will send some more pics and a detailed report :wink:
I will also give you guys updates on the exact STI that it is, ie: STI-GL, STI-S etc....I still don't know that yet, I just told the buyer any STI will do once it has a/c, power windows. and low kms MY2001, no crashes, etc etc

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congratulations,:razz: be sure to keep us up to date. I was wondering, is the driver's side of the car on the right? I always thought that it would be hard to learn to drive a stick with your left hand, after being used to using the right.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Yup it is a right hand drive. I had a drive of my friends car (a RHD stick) just to see how strange it would feel. Felt a little weird first few changes but then it actually started feeling sahhhweeeet, maybe becuase my right hand (I am right handed) staying on the wheel made me feel like I had more control...of course this may all change with a car that has some power :smile: I will keep you informed when my STI arrives how it feels. They say I should have it by March 10th lastest.

Cheers,
Ray

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Damn, you will be getting it on my birthday. At least your wait will be shorter than most of us on here :smile: I am sure it will seem like forever though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys

I got the initial pics through of my car; however, it was sent as a:

C:WINDOWSTEMPIBC Japan Ltd.htm

So how do I get this format over to you guys so you can view it ???

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
866 Posts
Looks like they sent you the wrong stuff. Get in contact with them again and have them send you files that end with jpg or jpeg.

Can you open that file on your computer? Does it take you to a web page and display the pictures? If it does you could post the link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfredob1 on 2002-02-25 17:07 ]</font>

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi,

Yea I have seen the pics and it does take me to a web page, but that is the problem, the web page it takes me to is (it came as an attachment and it opens up my browser and takes me to the below when I double click on it):

C:WINDOWSTEMPIBC Japan Ltd.htm

I am sure some compu techy knows whats up, it looks nice, wish I could show it to you guys.

Perhaps I could fwd the email to someone and they could figure out a way to convert it to paste here. ??

Later,
Ray

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sent it to you.

Let me know if you receive it ok and can access the pics and info ok :wink:

Cheers,
Ray

·
Registered
866 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
On 2002-02-20 17:25, Razor wrote:
I will also give you guys updates on the exact STI that it is, ie: STI-GL, STI-S etc....
What do you mean by that, Razor? I know there is a Type R and Type RA, but there isn't an STi-GL or STi-S car that I've ever heard of, nor could find by an internet search. Please explain. And congrats on your car!

-Chris

·
Registered
866 Posts
My pleasure. :smile:

Hey I just notice the rear wind screen wiper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfredob1 on 2002-02-25 18:28 ]</font>

1 - 20 of 26 Posts