IW STi Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
retired mod
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the STi come with a factory sterio standard and not an option, how many people here would of spent the $ and still fitted an aftermarket one?

·
Registered
858 Posts
new info on PSI3

sheeeeeeet.... aftermarket allows way more flexibility and better $$$ for the long run....

·
Registered
347 Posts
hand up, i put my own in, it's wayyyyy easy w/ the subie.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
I probably would have kept the stocker for awhile to avoid spending more money, hence I am glad it did not come with one. There was no thinking required in choosing between their overpriced optional one or decent aftermarket components.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I would have been replacing mine also. I cant stand when people come up to me and they are like oh you paid how much for a car and it didnt even come with a radio. or at least the evo has a radio. it really gets on my nerves. I have too many stock radios sitting around already. I dont need any more.. haha. The only thing I can tell anybody that is interested in this car but the radio is becoming the deciding factor. this car isnt for you. This is a true car enthousiast car. I can see saying htat with a luxury car. but something of this caliber. its not a touring model, its not a luxury model. I dont think any sports cars should come with radios. haha jmo. sorry for ranting on

·
Registered
530 Posts
you could probablty somehow get a better system for the price that you would have paid Subaru, ad adjusted it to you specific prefrences ;)

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I would have stuck with the stock one if it came with my STi... especially considering how much my system cost me by going way overboard like I did. I would have then put the money I spent towards performance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i would keep stocker. hell i ordered the stocker upgraded. getting it installed this tuesday. i like the 'stock' idea/concept it CANNOT be any more pathetic than the stock radio that came in my jeep, and i got many hours of enjoyment out of it. to each his/her own i guess.

M

·
0 Posts
Good deal?

Anyone who has had to suffer through the WRX stock stereo would not even consider it as an option to keep. Unless of course you just aren't into stereo's, in which case i guess (shudder) it's liveable.

I would have replaced mine straight away and complained about the xtra grand i lost in the stocker!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I wouldn't have wanted the stocker .... I would just buy an aftermarket one like I did ...

I had the 02 WRX, I had kept the stocker for quite some time, although, I did install 6.5 components up front and some upgraded rear speakers with a W3 JL sub .... with a 5 channel amp ......

I kept that setup for probably a year before I got the Alpine with the 6 disc CD changer ...

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
While the stock WRX stereo, with the upgraded speakers and sub, is not the best sounding thing you can do, it is night and day compared to what was available years ago from manufactures. If all you have had in the past are stock setups then the WRX one is not bad.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts