IW STi Forum banner

381 - 388 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Re: jph's 2008 spark silver sti - coilovers are here.

DAMN IT! jinxed myself!

must have picked up a nail/screw or something like that om my way home from work. by the time i got home i was greeted with a flat tire. the RE01-R was VERY hot to the touch, which makes me think it must have been flat for most of my commute. didn't really feel anything... nice sidewalls. it did feel a bit funny pulling away from one of the stop lights right before i was home, that was the first sign something wasn't right.

i'm afraid that driving some freeway miles like that may have caused too much damage to the inside of the tire, and they won't patch it, so most likely i'll be needing to replace all four, this sucks.

got the spare mounted right now, it looks silly.

J.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
Re: jph's 2008 spark silver sti - coilovers are here.

so as expected... inside damage, cords were showing in some spots from driving on it too long.

4 new tires were ordered and installed. i was going to go with some PS2's like i had on the '04, but changed my mind last minute, and got some Continental ExtremeContact DW's instead. why, i hear you ask? reviews seem good on them compared to the PS2, and they are 22lbs each, yes, i like to add lightness. extremely high treadwear rating of 340 (for a performance tire).

first impressions... yes, they do have soft sidewalls. nothing more to report yet, as i just drove 2 miles on them.

we'll see how they work out for me.

J.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Re: jph's 2008 spark silver sti - new tires

looking good j, i'm sure you are loving the coilovers

·
Registered
4,622 Posts

That blows you have to get all new tires. I am interested to hear what you think of these tires though. They are pretty high on my list of next street tires.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #385

wow... it has been a while since my last update :)

today i put new pads in; EBC Yellowstuff, that have been sitting in my garage for over two years now i guess.

did a quick bed-in. so far so good.

also rotated the tires for the 3rd time. the contis seem to be wearing nicely. fronts a bit faster than the rears.

J.

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Re: jph's 2008 spark silver sti - new pads EBC yellowstuff

well... i should probably post another update.
it's been 5 years, the '08 sti has served me well, it's bee fun, but the time has come fo me to try something new.

traded it in about a week ago.

i'm now driving a bone stock 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 RWD premium.

J.

381 - 388 of 388 Posts