IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Re: twitchy feel

the pipes are aluminized... i dont know if i'd trust that. SS is the only way to go corrosion wise.

Robert~

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had aluminized exaust on 3 vehicles so far. A muscle car, truck, and now my V-8 powered jeep. They don't rust at all, even in the salt air of Hawaii. The only part that rusts is the welds that the exhaust shop does during the install. I don't know what kind of welding metal those jonesco exhaust use. I'm mostly concerned with the quality of fit and how it sounds. I guess nobody on the forum is running one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I totally agree with Robert. If you live in a Northern area aluminized is a bad idea as the weather will corrode the pipes. It is well known that stainless will last longer. That's why it costs more. I live in Virginia and have always had problems with aluminized exhaust. It's worth the change for peace of mind. That is just an opinion. Don't shoot me:)

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
also how much are you really saving? You can get a full stainless GPMoto exhaust for around $800.. and people have said that it fits perfect and sounds great. I would get it if I wasnt already a huge blitz nur spec fan. Good luck with whatever your choice is.

Robert~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts