IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I've decided to document what I do to my new found love...

I bought my STi about a week ago (7/25/07) and this is the first Subaru I've ever had. I LOVE it. I'm so happy with my purchase. I still can't believe how fast this car is stock and how well it handles. I'm almost tempted to keep it that way.... nah, forget that! I don't have many pictures of it as it was when I bought it. See below for stock picture...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Joe's '05 CGM STi

So far I have debadged the grill and the truck (had to leave the STi!!) and threw in a K&N. Pics to come soon!

Near future plans:
- Paint wheels. I love the stock wheels, but I think that those wheels in gunmetal or graphite would look killer with CGM.
- Tint taillights. I want to tint the tails to go with the graphite wheels and tint on the windows.
- Amber delete the headlights. Self explanitory. I'm gonna order some chrome bulbs so it will only be amber when lit. DONE
- Stereo system. 12" sub, class D mono amp.
- Matching dead pedal. In the mail.
- Gauges (my next project). I bought a set of Prosport Premium 52mm gauges (from a fellow IWSTIer). Boost, OP, EGT w/ clock pod. DONE

The not so distant future plans:
- Cobb Accessport In the mail
- TBE... haven't decided what brand yet... BPM on it's way!
- Cobb sway bars and endlinks
- Tanabe GF210 or JDM Pink springs
- stainless brake lines

Distant plans:
- Turbo upgrade
- Double din touchscreen w/ navi & bluetooth
- custom box for WRX

Thanks for looking! Suggestions always accepted!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Joe's '05 CGM STi - My first Subie!

OK, I tried to tint my taillights, but it was a pain in the @$$. I got fed up with that project so I decided to go ahead and clear my headlights.

It went a lot smoother than I thought it would. Pretty simple process, really. So far so good... headlights are back on the car and all the lights work. I'll give her a bath tomorrow and hopefully she won't retain any H2O. I'll post pics ASAP. I don't know if I'll have time to do it tomorrow as I'll be at the track! Shadyside in Shelby, NC... 1/8th mile drag strip. I'll post how I do tomorrow or Saturday... wish me luck, first time at the strip with my STi!!!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

BPM GT TBE and Cobb Accessport v.2 just ordered from IMPORTIMAGE!! Thanks Josh!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

OK, just got back from the the track and my best time was 8.79!! I was so happy to break into the 8s!!! I also ran a 9.5 with 3 people in the car!! I had a blast!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts

Looking good. The color really looks like PSM in the sunlight, it's crazy.

Tim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Sorry I've been slack about getting the new pictures up, but I got my BPM TBE on last night!! It sounds awesome!! Can't wait to get my Cobb AP v2 in. It's on backorder. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts