IW STi Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1098 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,061 (Edited)
Had the tune on Saturday at EFI Logics. The MAF sensor is pretty worn out and was causing some trouble for Mikey so I will be converting to Speed Density.

The tune is about 90% complete as is but will be finished this coming week. Preliminary numbers on the re-tune are 364hp and 392 tq!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,062
Got clarification from Pete that the following is to be installed for Speed Density:

AEM IAT sensor to be wired and welded into FMIC piping
Omni Power 4-bar MAP sensor
MAF to remain in place if needed for hybrid speed density

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,063
Ordered SMY Door Striker and Hinge Stopper Cover for the door jams and Diode Dynamics STI Emblems for WeatherTech Mats

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,065
So, you're going to have LED lit floormats?
lol I certainly hope not! It's just an STi emblem to put on the floor mat to replace the one that says "Weathertech".

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
No strobe effect??

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,068

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,070
I picked up the car on Saturday from EFI after having the tune finalized by Mikey!

Old tune with stock motor: 354hp/352wtq

Built motor Final results:
Initial tune w/o Speed Density: 364hp/392wtq
Final tune w/ Speed Density: 354hp/396wtq

I will post the graph when EFI catches up with their uploads.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,071
Anyone heard in person both the Hella Sharptones and Supertones? I need to replace my Supertones.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,072
I took a gamble and read up on the new home-link mirror. I have the auto-dimming mirror from 2005 when the home-link wasn't originally offered.

In the 2015+ STi there is now a home-link mirror that has red LED's instead of green. I researched pretty closely and (fingers crossed) I ordered the 2015 home-link mirror and the cam-lock to wedge mounting kit to hopefully make it fit properly in my 2005. Will keep you posted but will be a fun upgrade if all goes well.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I took a gamble and read up on the new home-link mirror. I have the auto-dimming mirror from 2005 when the home-link wasn't originally offered.

In the 2015+ STi there is now a home-link mirror that has red LED's instead of green. I researched pretty closely and (fingers crossed) I ordered the 2015 home-link mirror and the cam-lock to wedge mounting kit to hopefully make it fit properly in my 2005. Will keep you posted but will be a fun upgrade if all goes well.
Cool. The range on my 2015 home-link mirror is terrible; you have to be nosed right up to the garage door. My wife's 2010 home-link mirror in the FXT is acceptable, and works from the street. The pocket sized remotes I bought for the garage door work down the street a little bit.

I took apart my 2005 mirror when I switched all the green lighting to red, and it was a massacre. Those mirrors are meant to be assembled, and never taken apart. The plastic is too soft to pry open, and in addition to leaving ugly marks, I broke several tabs. The 2015 mirror is at least red already, along with the rest of the car. It was pretty disheartening after all the hard work I did in the 2005 to make it awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,075
Cool. The range on my 2015 home-link mirror is terrible; you have to be nosed right up to the garage door. My wife's 2010 home-link mirror in the FXT is acceptable, and works from the street. The pocket sized remotes I bought for the garage door work down the street a little bit.

I took apart my 2005 mirror when I switched all the green lighting to red, and it was a massacre. Those mirrors are meant to be assembled, and never taken apart. The plastic is too soft to pry open, and in addition to leaving ugly marks, I broke several tabs. The 2015 mirror is at least red already, along with the rest of the car. It was pretty disheartening after all the hard work I did in the 2005 to make it awesome.
Interesting and it's reasons like that I'm hesitant to take things apart. I didn't think changing the light from green to red was an option anymore with Interior Flair long gone. Hopefully the mounting kit makes the new mirror backwards compatible. As for the range of the homelink, I'll give it a shot I'm curious now... I'm not even entirely sure it'll work on my garage since it's a community one and my wife's terrain wasn't able to sync up.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Doesn't Pro Driven Auto still do the red LED mods????

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,077
Doesn't Pro Driven Auto still do the red LED mods????
Looks like it, thanks for sharing weeks ago when we spoke of Interior flair buddy.

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
I told you about them fool, you didn't remember!!!

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,079

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
Never asked????? ahahaha its the overwhelming knowledge I feed you everyday!

1061 - 1080 of 1098 Posts