IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP: Prosport Boost Gauge and LiteSpec Titanium Cat-back

So I've decided I want more suspension mods, mainly just bushing! What do y'all suggest?

I was thinking:
Gearbox Mount Bushings (positive shift kit) KDT901
Positive Power Kit KDT902 (W0598)
Whiteline Rear Diff Mount Inserts KDT903
Rear Differential Positive Power Kit KDT906

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #162 (Edited)

Update 5/28/2011
Ordered GT-Spec Rear Control Arms so I can finally dial in the rear camber. Can't wait!

·
Registered
490 Posts

So hows the exhaust? Liking it? How loud is it?

Tom

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #164

just a tiny bit louder than the magnaflow setup but definitely not too crazy. I like it a lot so far.

·
Registered
490 Posts

just a tiny bit louder than the magnaflow setup but definitely not too crazy. I like it a lot so far.
How you liking the single exit exhaust? I'm moving towards it. Are you going to make it to the next cars and coffee?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
How you liking the single exit exhaust? I'm moving towards it. Are you going to make it to the next cars and coffee?
Honestly i like the symmetry of 4 tip (or 2 I guess) over one but the advantages of better flow and weight combined with price made the switch easy. Hopefully I'll be there. It's been a while and I'd like to get back out there.

·
Registered
490 Posts

hey hows it going!

hows the car? still goign well. Hows the exhaust? still liking it?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

hey hows it going!

hows the car? still goign well. Hows the exhaust? still liking it?
You could say I've been more than busy. I just moved into college a couple weeks ago so've been very busy doing that. She's actually still at home right now. She'll be coming up second semester assuming i can find a place to keep her here.

Exhaust still sounds awesome, love it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #169

Decided I'm getting new rims and tires for my baby once I get home for Christmas. I would love to hear any suggestion y'all have! I would prefer to stay away from bronze or gold rims as well as chrome but i'm open to all suggestion. I don't race the car hardly and I would like to get tires that will last a decent amount of time. As for rims? 18s that are wide are really my only requirement. Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts

I like your build.
What made you decide to sell the wheels?
Which ones take your fancy now?
I've been looking at RPF1s 18x9.5 but painted black.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

Haven't sold them yet, just thinking about it.
Honestly dont have a clue...
RPF1s are great, so are NT03+Ms

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

Update 11/27/2011
Decided to hold off on getting new wheels for a while. Will be getting new tires within the coming weeks though. Any suggestions? Also getting a set of AST 4100s from ASHRAF. With the 4100s, new tires and the GT-Spec control arms I'm hoping to get this thing dialed in really well. My BCs will go up for sale once the 4100s are installed.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Update 12/24/2011
Had Michelin Pilot Super Sports installed today in 265/35/18... Wow these things are meaty. I'm going to have to get my fenders rolled in the rear a little bit. working on getting the AST4100 installed soon.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hey man, I saw your car over at EngineLogics a few months ago when I was in there for a retune. I pulled up and parked next to your car and noticed we both had PF01s and Brad said: oh look it's your exact opposite, since I have a dgm hatch with black PF01's. Car looked good, what were you getting done at EL?

I realized you haven't posted in this thread for a while but I came across your car when googling about ELs TGV delete service.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Hey man, I saw your car over at EngineLogics a few months ago when I was in there for a retune. I pulled up and parked next to your car and noticed we both had PF01s and Brad said: oh look it's your exact opposite, since I have a dgm hatch with black PF01's. Car looked good, what were you getting done at EL?

I realized you haven't posted in this thread for a while but I came across your car when googling about ELs TGV delete service.
Oh nice, didn't happen to snap a pic did ya? I popped the motor so she was getting a rebuild, rebuilt it forged goodies though :p

·
Registered
201 Posts
No I didn't get a pic. I pulled in there to get brad to adjust my tune on the road, so as soon as I pulled into the parking lot brad jumped in my car and we left.

Did you already get your car back? What was done to it when the motor popped?

Edit: I just saw your mods on the 1st page but didn't know if you had anything added since your last update in 2011. We have very similar mods and made very similar numbers on EL's dyno. I have what's listed on your first page plus EL headers and made 280/287.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #177
Ah darn. Yeah Brad rebuilt the car really quick. I think there were two motors he was already working on when mine popped and he still managed it in about a month. Just forged pistons. Everything else is about the same. I need to update that list haha.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Dang - just ringlands gone in it?

Its still a nice build! I need to get to work on my suspension parts that I have lieing around finally when I get back. Then save up for my next round of items lol

Brad is a very cool guy and knows his shit. I went down there and met him when I had some pulls done on the dyno. I think they have a great dyno bay for sure.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Turbo was leaking oil and I didn't know, ran her dry more or less. Brad installed my rear lower control arms for me. He seems to know more about suspension than i had previously assumed.

161 - 180 of 217 Posts