IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

the full-race twin scroll is one of the best in the market right now, but I'm trying to keep the subie rumble and stay withing reasonable pricing figures

the EFR turbo series is BADASS, but after thinking, i wanted to stick with the AMS kit as it's IMO the best quality kit in the market right now, well, the full-race and AMS are the only real good quality kits that I like

I have some $$$ saved, I just need to keep some funds aside at this stage of my life, but hopefully the car will get treated soon!

good luck with whatever you choose to do next my friend :)

-AJ
yeah i'll be looking at the AMS 750 kit as well. if everything works out this summer like i'm planning i will have the car in atlanta for tuning by next fall (forged or topspeed). at the same time i'm considering just saving up right now. i don't have too many financially responsibilities but that could change, you never know. idk, i guess only time will tell.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #142

What do y'all think about going rotated using a GTX3071R with a .82 A/R turbine housing? I know a small housing would help spool but I do want some top end and I felt .82 is a good compromise between the .63 and 1.06.

·
Registered
490 Posts

What do y'all think about going rotated using a GTX3071R with a .82 A/R turbine housing? I know a small housing would help spool but I do want some top end and I felt .82 is a good compromise between the .63 and 1.06.
Hey

When I looked at the pricing it was the same going rotated as stock location and for both you have to take the intake manifold off which was the biggest arse!

I have the 3076 rotated kit. If you want I can take you out in my car when I get back into Houston.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Hey

When I looked at the pricing it was the same going rotated as stock location and for both you have to take the intake manifold off which was the biggest arse!

I have the 3076 rotated kit. If you want I can take you out in my car when I get back into Houston.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

I think that setup is badass if you're concerned about spool which was my initial plan, but since my car won't stay a DD for long I decided to go bigger

anytime down the road you decide you want power, it's just a matter of swapping out the turbo, and fuel injectors if you need more fuel.

I think that is the way to go, and it always feels good when you do it right the first time around!

-AJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)

Hey

The biggest problem for me is that I already have the DP and CAI so I guess I will have to sell those. I do think going rotated will be better for me in the end though.

I'll gladly take you up on that offer! unfortunately I will be out for town for the next couple of weekends but maybe sometime after that haha.

I think that setup is badass if you're concerned about spool which was my initial plan, but since my car won't stay a DD for long I decided to go bigger

anytime down the road you decide you want power, it's just a matter of swapping out the turbo, and fuel injectors if you need more fuel.

I think that is the way to go, and it always feels good when you do it right the first time around!

-AJ
Yeah I think y'all are right

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

Looks good, nice work.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #148

Update 3/21/2011

Installed the Prosport gauge today and well.... its off. like really off. claims 7 inHg of vacuum and full boost is a whopping 10psi :( Anyone know what it could be? I'll be contacting Prosport tmrw.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Update 3/21/2011

Installed the Prosport gauge today and well.... its off. like really off. claims 7 inHg of vacuum and full boost is a whopping 10psi :( Anyone know what it could be? I'll be contacting Prosport tmrw.
a leak somewhere?

I'm no expert, but it sure sound like it, maybe the line to the gauge is faulty?

-AJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)

Update 3/23/2011

Good news! Discovered it was a leak after all. The zip tie i used on the hose connected to the sensor to prevent a leak was actually the cause. Small complaint about the gauge though, it freaks out when i look at it through polarized lenses. Nothing major but annoying considering my favorite pair/driving glasses are polarized. oh well

YouTube - Prosport Evo Series Boost Gauge

·
Registered
146 Posts
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP: Prosport Boost Gauge and LiteSpec Titanium Cat-back

Nice man. I was thinking of getting this on the group buy but wasn't sure on fitment. Do you have any other on-car shot? Like straight from the back?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

Nice man. I was thinking of getting this on the group buy but wasn't sure on fitment. Do you have any other on-car shot? Like straight from the back?
Nope but I could take some for yeah. Fitment is perfect!

Nice exhaust, look forward to more pics.

Where did you pick it up?
I got it from LiteSpec themselves. It should be available pretty soon.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

Update 4/21/2011

Purchased a couple little items for Susie. Will update when I have all of them.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

Update 4/30/2011

So i have most of those little things in:
SMY Cluster

Nokya 9005 and 9006

WC Lathe Werks Ti knob

Griot's Garage Quick Disconnect Battery Terminal

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #157

Looking at Recaro Speeds in Red Suede. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #158

Update 5/10/2011
Took Susie to the doctor today to have her tuned up. Running 0.4% off of theoretical and the map was also smoothed out a bit. We've decided the texas heat is getting the better of her and i'm looking into a new AWIC my tuner (Engine Logics) builds themselves. We also talked about the Borg Warner Kits and what the future hold. Also washed her and took pics!

·
Registered
590 Posts

WHere did you get the rear carbon fiber diffuser? Looks nice. I wish someone would make one for a single exit exhaust!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #160

It's the blacktop's diffuser, i have their lip too.

141 - 160 of 217 Posts