IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP Pro-tuned and rollin on Enkeis

is the carbon fiber spoiler a lot lighter than the stock? or just a lil?
unfortunately my scale was broken at the time so I couldn't weight them both but considering the old one was made of plastic I doubt it did anything.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #102

discovered i have a boost leak:( should be running 21.5 or so but instead only running 18-19ish. LAME

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #103

was hit by debris on the high way the other day and it ripped the center emblem of my grill and bent the mesh and my license plate, luckily i could hammer the mesh and plate and to solve the lack of emblem i wen't pillar-less

·
Registered
360 Posts

^ Nice, I've been searching for various emblems to replace the stock one, but not much out there, and the ones for the GR cost so much more than the GD versions

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP a small update

Small update: Ive been having a problem lately with my boost. It suddenly disappeared and after lots of investigating we ended up re-tuning the system. Boost is back but its just not the same. The build is much more gradual than it used to be. We came to the conclusion that it was the wastegate which was solved by adjusting the wastegate duty by 5% or so. Long story short the problem is "solved" but im not completely satisfied so i'm going to be getting ready for a turbo upgrade. I could just go ewg but honestly i don't see the point. Brad at enginelogics has got me lookin into air to water. it ain't cheap but its the most efficient system. Anyways i thought i would give yall an update into my little world. if yall have any suggestions on turbos or anything like that feel free to drop a couple pennies. I'm also looking into suspension stuff but i don't think ill have the funds for both right now and there aren't that many turns in TX:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #108

half way done. not the best looking option (JPMcoachworks) but cost about $3 in supplies.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #109 (Edited)

just ordered some coilovers. assuming it all arrives by this weekend i'm gonna have a small shop party this weekend and punch it all out at once.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

still no coilovers yet but got overlays done at undergroundgrfx

looks so much better than stock

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

Update 2/22/2011

Just ordered a Prosport Evo Series Boost Gauge to replace the stock SPT gauge that came with the car. It was time for an upgrade considering my peak is 21.5psi and the SPT only goes to 20. Not gonna lie, it was cool to pin the boost gauge every time i got on it:D, but that's not exactly functional now is it.

and yes AJ i'm stealing your update format, imitation is the best form of flattery:bow:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

awesome new mods man

the new prosport gauges are sick, i'm not gonna lie

i like the BC's too, enjoy scraping that lip once lowered :D

-AJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #114

awesome new mods man

the new prosport gauges are sick, i'm not gonna lie

i like the BC's too, enjoy scraping that lip once lowered :D

-AJ
i'm actually looking into getting the blacktop V lip and selling my VF because if i drop her any lower the car wont physically be able to traverse the speed bumps in my daily route and there are no alternative routes as the speed bumps are in the parking lot.:tdown:

as for the gauge i can't wait to do the install. im planning on getting their evo afr gauge too when i do the new turbo and will put both in a SMY cluster.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

i'm actually looking into getting the blacktop V lip and selling my VF because if i drop her any lower the car wont physically be able to traverse the speed bumps in my daily route and there are no alternative routes as the speed bumps are in the parking lot.:tdown:

as for the gauge i can't wait to do the install. im planning on getting their evo afr gauge too when i do the new turbo and will put both in a SMY cluster.
you'd be surprised with less suspension travel, and a bit of skill what going sideways on a bump can accomplish

i scrape mine sometimes, but only on crazy bumps, and i have a new backup lip if it ever cracks, which will be soon I'm guessing

-AJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #116

you'd be surprised with less suspension travel, and a bit of skill what going sideways on a bump can accomplish

i scrape mine sometimes, but only on crazy bumps, and i have a new backup lip if it ever cracks, which will be soon I'm guessing

-AJ
no i mean IMPOSSIBLE! ill try and snap a pic tmrw but my lip is literally 2 cm off the top on the speed bump. these things are nasty

·
Registered
92 Posts
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

i got stuck with 1.03, i can load the new one as a runtime and i must say i really like 1.04 but i'll have to wait.

i didn't paint them its some weird "tip finisher" from the factory. i don't like it either but if i remove them it will leave holes :(
When I was shopping for my 2010, most of the STIs had the "exhaust finishers" already installed. I was told it was something that was installed in port when the cars got to this country if I remember correctly. It was an option, and I simply coudn't stomach them. I found it hard to believe that they would screw these things on, make holes in the back of the car, and hurt the car's look in my opinion to put it on the showroom floor, rather than leaving it as a dealer-only installed option. Anyway, your solution look really nice.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Re: JJBTEXAS' 2010 SWP stage 2

When I was shopping for my 2010, most of the STIs had the "exhaust finishers" already installed. I was told it was something that was installed in port when the cars got to this country if I remember correctly. It was an option, and I simply coudn't stomach them. I found it hard to believe that they would screw these things on, make holes in the back of the car, and hurt the car's look in my opinion to put it on the showroom floor, rather than leaving it as a dealer-only installed option. Anyway, your solution look really nice.
the problem with the tip finishers on my car was the holes they drilled were TERRIBLE!! i even had an extra hole on the driver side:mad:

·
Registered
251 Posts

love this build thread, always something new and exciting, you inspire me to drain my bank account.

101 - 120 of 217 Posts