IW STi Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy coil-overs for my STI, and I'm leaning more towards the JIC then the TEIN cause of the infamous rear noise. Does anybody have any experience with these coil-overs? Also the part number they have for the STI is the same as a 02 WRX, will that be a problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
JIC's and also TEIN's coilovers for the 02+ WRX and STi are the exact same units, hence the same part numbers. It is not a problem, I would highly recommend JICs. The only question really is whether to go with FLTA2s or the Rs ;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Assuming you are asking about the difference between the FLTA2s and the FLTA2-Rs...

Frankly, there are no differences. The Rs start as FLTA2s and the valving is customized according to your desired spring rates or you can even specify a specific low, medium, and hig-speed rates for the valves. So, in essence, I belive, the only difference is in how they stock the units :) When I inquired JIC-Magic with our own spring rates that they do not offer on the FLTA2s, they told me that they would ship them as FLTA2-Rs and since the spring rates were within the supported default valving, the price stayed the same.

Unless you have a specific reason to go with custom valving or spring rates, the FLTA2s should suffice you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Helix downpipe (does it bolt onto the OEM catback?)

I see, thanks for the info!! Yah, I probably don't need the custom spring rates, so I'll probably go with the FLTA2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts