IW STi Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

· Registered
2,142 Posts
View attachment 67944

STI Friends, here's to another new year of enjoying the STI! In 2023 I'll be focusing more on the suspension (LCA, Roll Center kit, and a rear sway bar), shifter bushings, and hopefully get another set of wheels with some sticky summer tires.
Very nice. I love how your car looks. I’m also focusing on suspension. And especially getting wheels/tires (currently can afford 2.5 lol). And of course seat time. Looking forward to your updates.

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Very nice. I love how your car looks. I’m also focusing on suspension. And especially getting wheels/tires (currently can afford 2.5 lol). And of course seat time. Looking forward to your updates.
Thanks brother! I'll probably reach out to you as I get closer to pulling the trigger on my next round of mods to ensure I'm on the right track. Probably also doing a bunch of Maintenance items this year too as I'm nearing the magic 60K number (putting it in the hands of the good folks at MachV).

I'm looking forward to the new year! New House, New Car Mods, New Rifle build, and hopefully a new Job to pay for all this!

Happy new year to you!

· Registered
2,142 Posts
Thanks brother! I'll probably reach out to you as I get closer to pulling the trigger on my next round of mods to ensure I'm on the right track. Probably also doing a bunch of Maintenance items this year too as I'm nearing the magic 60K number (putting it in the hands of the good folks at MachV).

I'm looking forward to the new year! New House, New Car Mods, New Rifle build, and hopefully a new Job to pay for all this!

Happy new year to you!
NICE. I’m just about done with my rifle lol. What type are you looking at (pm if you don’t wanna talk guns on the thread lol). I’m actually working on a Glock build now. And I’ll be focusing on the STi hopefully. And I applied to a new job too haha. They are in a hiring freeze till next year. So like a week or so away lol.

· Premium Member
122 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Wow, can't believe it added 8 pounds! Insignificant for a daily driver, but still surprising. I've read that article comparing catbacks on a 2017; was a little skeptical on HP gains since I've always heard a catback is the only thing you don't need a tune for...

I wish they did it on the 2019+ model, since those supposedly have a larger diameter, free flowing exhaust.

Did you consider a Borla system? How loud is the cold start?

· Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Wow, can't believe it added 8 pounds! Insignificant for a daily driver, but still surprising. I've read that article comparing catbacks on a 2017; was a little skeptical on HP gains since I've always heard a catback is the only thing you don't need a tune for...

I wish they did it on the 2019+ model, since those supposedly have a larger diameter, free flowing exhaust.

Did you consider a Borla system? How loud is the cold start?
I would say that cold starts are loud, but not too loud and obnoxious. There is an Mercedes AMG that parks next to me and it's factory exhaust cold starts sound about the same as mine. I park about 25ft away from my house and I can hear a low rumble inside of the house, once warmed up, I can't hear it at all inside of the house.

I really didn't consider Borla, not for any reason, just really wasn't on the radar. I've read that folks that don't like the low bass of the Cobb like the Borla better.

It would nice to see a comparative test with the 19+ STI, I'd imagine it would be even less gains with an aftermarket system. Performance wise, I can't tell a difference.

81 - 89 of 89 Posts