IW STi Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So, blew my engine(classic) and I was looking at doing a JDM swap. All good so far, right? So I call a place to get a 207 and first thing he's telling me is that it does fit. Can anyone help me? What will and will not fit? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Before you even consider it, what state are you in? Many states have OBD testing etc that would cause problems. In many cases you need to use an engine the same age or newer than your car.

There are some issues with JDM engines in LHD cars because of steering parts in the way etc.

What if your goal using a JDM engine? Depending on your situation its not going to be cheaper and certainly not easier than just having a usdm block built.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
it is extremely hard to swap a JDM ej207 in our cars due to the ECU/immobilizer stuff. I've read about 1 guy doing it, but he had to custom wire a bunch of stuff and it was super expensive and time consuming. I believe he had to use the JDM ECU cause the USDM one just wasn't compatible. but I cant 100% remember.

However if you are interested in doing it, you need a V10 EJ207 longblock. they run for about 6-8k depending on mileage.

here is some good info from nabisco

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2385141&page=5

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I agree, what is your goal in the long run for using the jdm engine? The jdm engine ej207 is pretty expensive and for that kind of money, you might as well just get a forged block instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts