IW STi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into lowering options for my 2021 STI. I do not track the car, just canyon runs and spirited driving in the mountains. I am really interested in the JDM Pink STI Springs. I want to find the right spring that can be somewhat interchangeable when the stock struts need to be replaced. For now the stock struts have plenty of life left but down the road I might want to upgrade to the RA Strut. I am curious if anyone can shed some light onto this subject for me because it has me super confused.
If I kept the stock struts I would be looking at these springs: Front ST20330VV100 and Rear ST20380VV000. If I upgraded the struts to the Bilsteins made for the RA supposedly I would be looking at the same front spring (ST20330VV100) but the rear spring is different (ST20380VV010). I was looking on fastwrx.com and they have the Bilstein struts for sale for the type RA and it mentions the struts work with the factory springs and top hats. If that is the case wouldn't the JDM Pink STI Springs made for stock struts work on the RA Bilstein? Are they incorrect in that statement? Does anyone know if the JDM Pink STI Springs will work with the GTWORKS Bilsteins? I know they are made for the RCE springs. Anyone running the pink springs on their set ups?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking into lowering options for my 2021 STI. I do not track the car, just canyon runs and spirited driving in the mountains. I am really interested in the JDM Pink STI Springs. I want to find the right spring that can be somewhat interchangeable when the stock struts need to be replaced. For now the stock struts have plenty of life left but down the road I might want to upgrade to the RA Strut. I am curious if anyone can shed some light onto this subject for me because it has me super confused.
If I kept the stock struts I would be looking at these springs: Front ST20330VV100 and Rear ST20380VV000. If I upgraded the struts to the Bilsteins made for the RA supposedly I would be looking at the same front spring (ST20330VV100) but the rear spring is different (ST20380VV010). I was looking on fastwrx.com and they have the Bilstein struts for sale for the type RA and it mentions the struts work with the factory springs and top hats. If that is the case wouldn't the JDM Pink STI Springs made for stock struts work on the RA Bilstein? Are they incorrect in that statement? Does anyone know if the JDM Pink STI Springs will work with the GTWORKS Bilsteins? I know they are made for the RCE springs. Anyone running the pink springs on their set ups?
I am also looking into getting the JDM Pink STi springs for my 2021 STi. Where can you purchase the mentioned ST20330VV100 and Rear ST20380VV000? I think I saw those on www.sti.jp/parts/wrxsti_va/suspension, but I am not sure of the fitment since it is Japanese

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually now figured out how to change to English on the site now...lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is where you can get them. There is option #0 and #1. Option #0 is for stock struts and option #1 is for the Bilstein struts which the only difference are the springs for the rear are a different item number. I believe from what I read on the RA they came with the same stock springs as the 2019+ Just the shocks are different.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So does this one S209 Pink Springs
But it still is confusing as hell haha. From what I gathered there are pink springs for stock struts, s207 bilsteins, s209 bilsteins and the type RA bilsteins!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just want to chime in for those on the fence with these. I asctually put STI pinks on my 2015 FRS, and it made the run better and cornering was drastically improved. So I bet on the STI it would be awesome also :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sure they are awesome I sure as hell want to find out, just trying to figure out which ones are going to be the best. Since they are not readily available and I can’t speak Japanese it’s is going to have a bit of trial and error I am guessing! Wish we got the hood stuff in the states!!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Is where you can get them. There is option #0 and #1. Option #0 is for stock struts and option #1 is for the Bilstein struts which the only difference are the springs for the rear are a different item number. I believe from what I read on the RA they came with the same stock springs as the 2019+ Just the shocks are different.
2018 Type RA front springs are the same springs as the 2018+ STi's, only the Type RA rear springs is different from the rest of 2018+ STi models.

For your 2021 STi, VAB-D get these springs:

ST20330VV100 x2 + ST20380VV000 x2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don’t have anything new to share still haven’t figured out if springs will work with different struts/shocks. I don’t want to buy a set for the stock struts/shocks and then upgrade the struts/shocks and not have the right rear springs for them!! I know the springs will technically work but don’t know about ride quality. Still waiting to pull the trigger!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts