IW STi Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
thats way trick, but for 450 bucks i think i can just fold them myself. great find though!

·
Registered
536 Posts
1st Stroked STi Engine to 2.6 Liters

Definetely not gimmicky..You wouldn't believe the little amount of space on the streets in Japan; folding the mirrors to park is absolutely necessary. I will definetely be buying that mod, so I can park that much farther away from the 'guy who dont care about your door.' :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
It has folding mirrors, but you have to push them by hand. This thread was about installing the power folding mirrors used in Japan (and possibly elsewhere, I don't know).

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
yeah my girlfriends mom is japanese. she had a 78 camaro in japan at one point and she would always get nasty notes left on her car telling her to get fold in mirrors because no one could park near her

·
Registered
338 Posts
My buddy put these on his WRX and the install is no where near as simple as that site suggests.

The JDM mirrors are set up for RHD. If you simply put the mirrors in your LHD car, you won't be able to see squat in them. We found this out the hard way. The problem is not the glass, but the piece that mounts the mirror to the car. The right hand and left hand sides are at different angles. So you have to swap the guts and painted housing from the JDM mirrors into the black mounts for the USDM mirrors and then proceed with wiring them up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts