IW STi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been searching through all the forums, and I've been hearing that EJ207 found in the JDM STi is a monster when modded and that it's a great engine.

My question is, is this true? Can it really stand up to the 4g63 in terms of being mod-friendly? And is the ej207 the same engine in the wrx but with different internals?

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
STi Transporter said:
So, I've been searching through all the forums, and I've been hearing that EJ207 found in the JDM STi is a monster when modded and that it's a great engine.

My question is, is this true? Can it really stand up to the 4g63 in terms of being mod-friendly? And is the ej207 the same engine in the wrx but with different internals?

Thanks in advance guys.
There's several versions of the JDM STI EJ207. But generally over the WRX it has better pistons (V7 forged, V8 not), stronger rods, balanced STI crankshaft, semi-closed block, higher lift cams, higher flowing heads (big port JDM & some EU / AU versions only). Basically it's good to rev to 8000-8200RPM stock form.

Compared to the EJ257 STI you'll be getting a much higher revving engine, but if you already have the EJ257 it's not cost effective to switch. Here's a power graph comparison of an EJ257 versus the Gruppe-S Stage 2 High-Rev engine which is based on a V8 STI engine:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1050768

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S

1 - 2 of 2 Posts