IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Look at the two Dynos they did if you want on top speeds test page. Id link it but I'm on my phone. I believe they concluded that unless you were going to run e85 that the difference was negligible.

But it always depends on your goals. I'm all about the quick spool and instant on torque. As an autox build my 1.5 will have an 8cm and all the mods i can afford to make it breathe efficiently. I.e hard inlet, headers, pnp intake with tgv deletes

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: Jake's 2005 Crystal Grey Metallic STi!!!

Started the turbo swap today! The turbo and stuff isn't here yet but i'm getting it all ready for it!
Hope you have better luck than I did with my swap this weekend. Miscommunication led to me not having a GS IWG bracket in my posesssion when I went to install on Saturday.

Are you sticking with IWG or going EWG? Are you using the old hardware from the stock turbo for teh new one or ordering new nuts, bolts and studs?

Catch can?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #96

Yeah, me too! That sounds like it sucked! I am staying IWG for now until i put a built motor in next summer! I'm getting new hardware too and blouch said they give you almost all the hardware you need!! but no new studs i don't think! I haven't had any problems with leaks yet!

I ordered the turbo today and went with the Blouch Dom 1.5XT-R 10cm with a coated turbine housing and 3" Inlet!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

You can resuse the studs if you want, i figured it be a PITA to remove them even using the double nut method. I sucked it up and spent the money on all new bolts nuts and studs...each stud is 9.xx, it's rediculous! lol

the 1.5 should be incredible for you. You're results will show me alot becuase you're running a fmic and a header as well, not exactly the same. Have you done TGV deletes?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #100

ya i have tgv deletes and running a header! just no fmic, i have a 924 cubic inch tmic! haha tuner said he doesnt really wanna go over 350 with stock internals though unless i run e85 which we don't have in montana! :(

81 - 100 of 195 Posts