IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Re: Jake's 2005 Crystal Grey Metallic STi!!!

just ordered a prosport wideband and boost gauge along with a boost leak tester!! Hope i figure out where my tuning problems are coming from!
are you going to get the gauge cluster pod like mine??

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #65

kind of! i've been trying to find one and only ebay companies make those and i don't really wanna stick ebay parts in my car so in april SMY is gonna make a cluster like that that will fit and is exactly oem copied! just gotta wait!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

ordered my AMR Big Maf Intake today! In 2-3 weeks i should have my perrin 3" turbo inlet, perrin bov, and my new blouch turbo! still debating whether an 18gxtr or a dom1.5xtr with my stock internals!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

ordered my AMR Big Maf Intake today! In 2-3 weeks i should have my perrin 3" turbo inlet, perrin bov, and my new blouch turbo! still debating whether an 18gxtr or a dom1.5xtr with my stock internals!
GO 1.5xtr at minimum....at least WHEN it does go, and you rebuild you will have a lot more available to you. I was torn between the1.5 and 2.5. I pulled the trigger on the 2.5 though. Call teh guys at blouch and ask them if they can do anything with the price...trust me! ;)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

I cant seem to find an AMR big MAF for the GD series only the GR?

Anyways, nice car and great mods. Keep it up and best of luck with everything!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Any reason you went with the AMR over the KS intake?

IMO, I would go with the Dom 1.5. I have been following a couple of those threads and seems to respond much better than the 18 or 20g.
Im asking the same thing...I'm near purchasing a KS TECH 73mm intake, not sure which one to go get..

MegaMAF 73mm Cold Air Intake ('02-'07 WRX/STI with TurboXS-type FMIC)
This seems to be a good one, I dont wan't to have one down into the wheel well, I dont wanna risk water injestion.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #72 (Edited)

Alright! It's official, i'm going with the 1.5xtr! I will call blouch on price too! I went with the AMR Cold Air Big Maf because it is 76mm and was the biggest I could find and up here we don't have much air to start with! It also goes down in your fender! AMR's website had them in stock for my car! As far as water goes, i don't drive mine in the rain or snow so.....i'm fine with that!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #74

Sounds good! And another question guys, should i get the 10cm or 8cm housing and why? i know the 8 will give me faster spool and the 10 will be more topend but let me know what you guys think! Thanks

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

The guys at topspeed that are showing what the 1.5xtr can do recommend 10cm on it. The difference is minimal in spool. So your grabbing the 1.5xtr 3" and the 3" inlet? What are your supporting mods? TMIC or FMIC? Injectors? FP?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #79

The guys at topspeed that are showing what the 1.5xtr can do recommend 10cm on it. The difference is minimal in spool. So your grabbing the 1.5xtr 3" and the 3" inlet? What are your supporting mods? TMIC or FMIC? Injectors? FP?
Alright! and yes! supporting mods are Agency Power headers and uppipe, AMR TMIC, DW 850cc Injectors, TGV Deletes, and a perrin 3" inlet!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #80

Who is tuning your car? I used to run an 83mm CAI with one tuner and my next tuner had me get rid of it for a 73mm. You DO NOT need a 76mm for the Dom 1.5.

Always check with your tuner before you guy items like this. Just a thought.
Harvey at the boost creep in Denver, CO. Ok, i will talk to my tuner about that! I didn't know that! Thanks a lot!

61 - 80 of 195 Posts