IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Should I buy...an STI?

Everyone caught the 'wowie', right?

I'm trying to figure out how bad listening to the rally is going to be. I'm GMT-6 in CST, factor in daylight savings time, GMT-5, them being GMT+8....this one's going to be tough to catch live action. Not going to be one of those 'listen at work' rallies anyway.

Predictions? I'm thinking Martin, Petter and Sainz on the podium.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Re: Hillclimb, including video

Well, the rally is underway - SS1 (Gloucester Park SuperSpecial) was held this evening (or otherwise in many of our cases!).

Apparently there has been a bit of technical trouble with the results :(

But, Petter Solberg won the stage! :D

It's been raining quite a lot over the stages I've heard, so that's good news for Burns who is first on the road but is bad news for those further down the order like Markko Martin. I was really hoping for it to be dry which would've meant Markko would've had a great advantage!

I'm guessing Marcus will win, followed by Petter Solberg and Richard Burns.

But of course the real rally begins tomorrow morning :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn it....WRC Radio is down....anyone else having this problem?

Petter's down 10.8 from Marcus through 3 stages....come on man! You've had a chance to break that wife in for a few weeks, you should be flying!!! ;)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RX-8 Problems

Welp, interesting day 1. "Magic" Marcus spins his ass into a ditch and is some 16 minutes back now. Loeb is kicking some hiney for his second Australian rally......but our boy Petter is just 4 seconds behind!

I have a good feeling about this one. Can anyone smell a championship?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Interesting day indeed - wrc.com have been terrible witht heir results service.

Petter can win this one now, but if Loeb can score some points here then he has a fantastic chance of the championship, especially with the three asphalt events coming next.

Makinen not doing too badly for once, in a sound 4th overall :)

Off for some sleep now to follow leg 2 overnight here, starting at 2.49am! :eek:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Turbo Timer Trouble

Hehe....yeah, finally you Europeans get the crappy time schedule! It's an 11 hour difference here, so not too bad. I'll catch some tonight and just the end coming morning.

Yeah, WRC is having a rough week. Sounded like the internet virus stuff was playing with em bad. Oh well.....slow coverage is better than no coverage.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Finally figured out how to listen to the wrc.com radio, just in time to hear Petter's win. With Burns coming in 3rd, it makes me feel even better about next year.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell yes......I had to wake up around 1am to catch the ending. What a race. Petter's enthusiasm can be felt all the way back here!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Re: Got it!

Wow!! Ive been busy at university for the past week so I missed it all! GREAT finish for petter!! I cant wait to see it on Speed!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I think the extra money I pay for Speed was well worth it just for last nights presentation of the Australia rally. Great coverage.

My girlfriend even commented on how much better the rally commentators are than any other sports on TV but she also is a die hard Subaru rally fan, so she is biased ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts