IW STi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
Anyone have any experience with ITS Transmissions Pedal Support Bracket? And if so any improvements?
I'm looking to install this on my 2010 sti hatch. Just trying to avoid issues with the firewall flex and spot welds breaking.
Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
380 Posts
heard good reviews in other posts...I just drilled out mine and riveted them...still holding strong!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
this seems like a band-aid for the real solution, which is what Jedi posted.

if you're having firewall flex...just fix it permanently and drill them out and rivet with quality rivets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm looking at this part as more of a preventative measure. I don't have any broken spot welds. Just looking to avoid it and see if this really does help reinforce that area.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I would also suggest the clutch and brake master cylinder brace, then also drill out and rivet them...after riveting mine I did those...and is pretty firm!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I installed one last summer as preventative maintenance and I think it works? My clutch pedal creaks at the pivot and this didn’t do anything for that, no broken spot welds though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Just installed my pedal support bracket along with a circuit motorsports clutch master cylinder brace a few days ago. The feel of the clutch is greatly improved and I can tell it has cut back on the amount the firewall flexes when engaging the clutch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts