IW STi Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(Sorry if this is a stupid thread)

You guys, I'm going to get a car, my parents are willing to pay up to $10,000. I've decided between an OK condition Subaru 2.5RS and I might look for a fair condition WRX. What was crazy was that I found a modified STI for only about $8,000, but that's long gone.
Here's what I'm looking for:
*blue, if possible
*manual transmission
*AWD(duh)
*stock or near stock
*will still last long
[will/may edit this later]

I won't get a car anytime soon, probably at least 7 months. What do you guys recommend? BTW, I live in the SF bay area, the south bay section. It'd be a great help if you guys look for some choices for me, but it'd be too much trouble for most of you.....

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
First off how old are you. if your parents is willing to spend 10k you can get an 02-04 subaru WRX within the 7 months since you can also save up. your lookin to get abuot 14k for a WRX. Since your in the bay area check out craigslist there are some cheap wrx on there.

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
wrx.....

·
Registered
717 Posts
AWDfreak said:
(Sorry if this is a stupid thread)

YWhat was crazy was that I found a modified STI for only about $8,000, but that's long gone.
That is a scam. Basically when it comes to cars if it sounds too good to be true it is. You should be able to find a decent bugeye for around $10k and could get an even nicer one if you saved up a bit. Just try not to get anything that is modded.

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ikon said:
First off how old are you. if your parents is willing to spend 10k you can get an 02-04 subaru WRX within the 7 months since you can also save up. your lookin to get abuot 14k for a WRX. Since your in the bay area check out craigslist there are some cheap wrx on there.
Well, I'm about 15. No, I don't have a job, nor do I know much about getting one(although I want one badly). But, I'll do my best to save up money.....

I'm totally OK w/ the bugeyed Impreza's. In fact, I'd like to get one just for the STI foglights and foglight covers.....

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you guys know any GOOD websites such as craigslist.com?

*craigslist doesn't have one that I want
*cars.com isn't specific on trims
*same goes w/ vehix, but vehix barely has any results
*autotrader has the same problem, it's not specific on trims

·
Registered
2 Posts
AWDfreak said:
Do you guys know any GOOD websites such as craigslist.com?

*craigslist doesn't have one that I want
*cars.com isn't specific on trims
*same goes w/ vehix, but vehix barely has any results
*autotrader has the same problem, it's not specific on trims

www.carmax.com is a pretty good to look and a good shopping tool. For those of you that don't know about carmax, it is a pretty large chain of used/new car dealership, well known for their "no haggling" policy. Never dealt with them before but I have a family friend who has dealt with them twice, both with good results. Downside is that they have a limited number of stores throughout the US. There are several in the east coast (where I am) but i'm not sure about everywhere else.

I've done searches for wrx/sti and it gave a good number of results (30-40 cars, 5~6 STi's). I'm aware of the horror used car stories. I believe carmax does pretty thorough inspections on all of their cars, and since you're not dealing with private sellers, transactions might be less of a hassle.

Hey look at that! I just made my first post. I guess I should've introduced myself before being a carmax whore. Anyway, been surfing through the forums for a while and liking what I have seen. I don't have an STi. I currently own a hand-me-down-stolen-once-because-of-aftermarket-wheels civic. I plan on purchasing an STi/I soon after the headaches of school-loans die down. I've heavily considered the evo for awhile but have dismissed it because of its rough edges and maintenance/warranty issues. Was really heavy into 350z, rx8, and other rwd's you can name, too, but living in the northeast kind of eliminated those options immediately.

Anyway, pretty long post. Sorry to steal your thunder, AWDfreak

errr, umm...

yeah so checkout carmax

Go STI

·
Murderer & Drug Dealer
11,934 Posts
You could also look in the regional forums on here, noisy-ick, clubwrx, etc. The for sale forums are usually good places to find cars from folks who know the cars. Check that out and see if it helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts