IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 2016 wrx sti with a pioneer 4500nex I've been trying to get the aswc-1 working with. We spliced following these instructions https://metradealer.com/files/aswc/ASWC-1_INST_959.pdf

However it doesnt seem to recognize the controls. It never flashes solid green and at the end it flashes red/green slowly.

I updated the firmware afterwards, but It only went from 4.18 to 4.19, but it didn't seem to help.

I took a multimeter and it seems like the connections between the swc pins have a resistance reading, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for here.

Does anyone have any tips, or methods to help debug this problem?

Thanks

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a Pioneer 4200NEX with a ASWC1 working fine in a 2015 STI without navigation. All of the steering wheel controls work with mine. I used this site to help me wire it as well as the wiring diagram from the FSM. ae64.com - Axxess ASWC Interface Installation with Subaru 20-pin Harness. For the wiring diagram search for Subaru Factory Service Manual in google and click the second link (SL-i). I believe when I did mine I had to manually add all the buttons as it wouldn't auto detect mine. You do have the 3.5mm jack plugged into the 4200NEX correct? Does yours recognise any button inputs?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a base model 2015 STI that I installed with a Pioneer 4100NEX along with the ASWC1, I remember watching a video on youtube showed a guy have the same setup as mine, once everything connected then turn on the ignition the green LED on the ASWC1 flashes a few times and everything on the steering wheel control just works, I have the same result.

Did you get a 20 pin adapter harness from ae64.com? If you didn't I'm thinking that might be your problem. Reason I'm saying that, I had already purchase a 20 pin harness (somewhere I don't remember) I then stumbled on to ae64.com and found out the 20 pin that I had purchased, some of the pins location was incorrect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys. thanks for you responses. I didn't see it until now. Unfortunately the 2015 and 2016 have different steering wheel controls. We have the toyota 28 pin connector. I don't have a prewired harness available for mine, so I had to splice in. I think my splices may be messing with the resistance, so I'm going to try resplicing sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts