IW STi Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've been slowly pushing my car during its "break in" period. right now i'm at about 850+ miles. I'm pretty close to the 1k mark. I do admit I have been getting my car up into redline but not for long periods of time. i didn't get anything higher than 4000 for the first 500 miles. then 5000 for the next 150 miles. then 6000 for the next 150 miles. well for some reason when i got it up there the IC light came on my dash. Is this normal for the light to come on? I do have enough water. or is it just because the car's pulling so hard the water just splashed around and triggered the light to go off? because after i let off the boost and shift the light goes away. At first I thought I had a Check Engine Light or something... it scared the crap outta me...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Re: Newbie here

fill your IC tank right to the top as see if it still comes on, if it does, the sensor is probably off in some way. Light comes on in my car if less than half full under WOT, flow of water away from sensor due to acceleration forces is my guess. Not a worry.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Re: Welcome Texas People

The light shouldn't come on at all if you have plenty of water in the tank. It will flash the light when it's getting close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts