IW STi Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Subaru family

I noticed back when i got my 15 that i would see lots of traffic with threads, discussions, sale threads but it seems to be falling off a bit? Has everyone gone off to a different trending manufacture like the Supra, Vette or is there other forums thats growing aside from NASIOC?

I always came here for troubleshooting and especially to get educated answers rather then trolls over at NASIOC for S%^& and Giggles.

May boost be with you

·
Registered
31 Posts
My guess is that most experiences/issues/ideas/products encountered have been discussed and there have been a few forum members that shame people who don't search before asking. This pushes down the activeness over time until a new yr/gen is released. Then the cycle begins all over again. I think it's the same with all car forums unless you start talking about things not related the car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My guess is that most experiences/issues/ideas/products encountered have been discussed and there have been a few forum members that shame people who don't search before asking. This pushes down the activeness over time until a new yr/gen is released. Then the cycle begins all over again. I think it's the same with all car forums unless you start talking about things not related the car.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I agree with this. I also think that the Facebook groups are extremely big/popular and alot of folks end up going there for help. It definitely easier to post up on Facebook and ask questions considering that most people already have Facebook accounts. I really dont care for the Facebook groups because there is just so much nonsense that goes on in them, it just blows my mind. So many people will ask for opinions and help from randoms without even a second thought. At least here on iwsti/nasioc, you can actually do some research and speak with people who may actually have experience or at least some general background knowledge.

I also think that this new forum update has really made it cumbersome to work with. That alone has steered people away.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think more and more people are moving on from the platform in general. I think most of the new traffic is here just to talk shit on the s209.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with this. I also think that the Facebook groups are extremely big/popular and alot of folks end up going there for help. It definitely easier to post up on Facebook and ask questions considering that most people already have Facebook accounts. I really dont care for the Facebook groups because there is just so much nonsense that goes on in them, it just blows my mind. So many people will ask for opinions and help from randoms without even a second thought. At least here on iwsti/nasioc, you can actually do some research and speak with people who may actually have experience or at least some general background knowledge.

I also think that this new forum update has really made it cumbersome to work with. That alone has steered people away.
I totally forgot about facebook, I'm not on there so maybe thats why i was getting curious. I do agree with the new layout as well. First time i saw it, i actually thought that my browser wasn't loading properly.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I totally forgot about facebook, I'm not on there so maybe thats why i was getting curious. I do agree with the new layout as well. First time i saw it, i actually thought that my browser wasn't loading properly.
You get groupthink really bad on Facebook.

if you want to see massive lulz, join "The World is Fl4t" on Facebook. Everyone there will tell you JR is the best Subaru tuner, there's no reason to run any other turbo but an FP black because it spools like stock and will make 600 whp, and a td05-20g will make 550 whp on E85

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sadly you do seem to be correct. Back when I had my Hawkeye, this forum was BUSY. I haven't been around much since switching to a BRZ in 2012, but I'm about to get a 2020 Series.White, so I came back to see how things were, and it's a damn ghost town around here. Sad.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I like the face lift. I didn't at first, but I've found a few things I complained about.

But, this site is dying - we've already discussed it - not so long ago. The reasons haven't changed, and if the search worked as well as it used to I'd post a link, to it and what I wrote :) :) :)

In fact it would have been posted days ago, but damn if I can find it and I have searched every possible key word with posts by me.

ADDED: OK - I just searched again. Search works. That thread "can not be found" :( :( :( and I suspect it is intentional.

I'm not going to try to rehash everything. Sure other sited are popular. But to start we are on IWST. That's a very restrictive name to start with. Subaru is no longer has a car that can can be called fast. Sure it's head and shoulders better than an econo car; and people buy em for that reason, or to build. But you get few bragging rights in stock Subaru

My sig says it all. The STI needs 450HP so it can have 350 at the wheels. Till they offer it, stock performance Subaru is dead - and hey, in a build thats cook book stuff today - in the moderate category.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I think once a new generation sti comes out with a new powertrain, this place will eventually get busy again. If you think about it, the sti has had the same powertrain pretty much since 2004 so alot of repairs are repetitive and have already been covered. Even the facebook tough guys seem like they "know" alot because its all been covered over the last 10 years. Once something new hits and problems start arising, they'll come back. They always do lol

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
There are many Subie site, and they are already discussing and logging non-EJ maint and build info.This site wont become a (let alone the) go to for it unless the modding community for an STI remains.

Development of the STI and EJ is what made this site exciting. But it was all based on the knowledge that the STI was a competitively fast car.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Definitely seems dead, I just joined like a month ago and this is tough to participate in because such few traffic. But seems very knowledgeable and I like the whole vibe here.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
As others have said, back when I joined in the GD days, this forum was crazy busy with constant posting, but now, 15 years later, the STi is basically the same car lol. How many posts on “stage 2” can you have?

I dont visit as much because I have probably completed everything I will do to my 2011 STi, but it’s still shocking to come on here and see how few new posts there are.

if Subaru ever launches a new STI with significant changes, like much more power, this forum should light up again.

I never got used to the new design and interface either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts