IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,026 Posts
That's what mine look like but that doesn't mean it is "right". Sheesh, that extreme angle on the top bolt can't be good over the long run. Seems the link could be longer, eh?

Opinions? Comments?

CB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
rube23 said:
Those endlinks should be longer. That definitely doesnt look right.
Think I got the wrong links, what length should the be

also come to think about it i think it also raised my car
can someone post a pic of a correct install, want to make sure I installed the bar the correct way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
Hi guys
i'm trying to look at the picture but it wont load for me. if you can email that to me i'd like to take a look and see whats going on. i wont say anything either way untill i can see the picture.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
The endlinks are fine, but the swaybar is not bent to the right angle.

Edit: The problem is that the BSF36 series bars are for the 05+ STi, you need the BSF33 series bar for your 04 STi. So you want the BSF33XXZ bar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
I went through this whole fiasco till WL finally chimed in and said the 36XX bar was the right one for my 04. I had the WL heavy duty endlinks and it looks exactly the same as the Kartboy's on the sb. I still have a feeling the 33XX bar is the right one. I still have the 36XX bar but removed the WL endlinks, the stock endlinks work the best for this bar.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,256 Posts
drees said:
The endlinks are fine, but the swaybar is not bent to the right angle.

Edit: The problem is that the BSF36 series bars are for the 05+ STi, you need the BSF33 series bar for your 04 STi. So you want the BSF33XXZ bar.

Not any more - the latest WL catalog lists the 36 series bar for the 04 STi now. We've been recommending the 36 series bar for the 04 for over a year now as we've found that it fit better than the 33 series bar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
217 Posts
Weird, well, this 36 series bar doesn't fit well at all on this 04 STi. Whiteline's website still shows the 33 series bar for the 04 STi, too. Someone should have them fix that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
drees said:
Weird, well, this 36 series bar doesn't fit well at all on this 04 STi. Whiteline's website still shows the 33 series bar for the 04 STi, too. Someone should have them fix that...
I checked that before ordering, on WL online catalog and the vendor
It dose say on the WL website for MY04 USDM STi
The "33" says excl MY04 USDM STi
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,256 Posts
Turninconcepts.com said:
Not any more - the latest WL catalog lists the 36 series bar for the 04 STi now. We've been recommending the 36 series bar for the 04 for over a year now as we've found that it fit better than the 33 series bar.
In case it was missed the first time...
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top