IW STi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking into a 2014 STI hatch(last model made) with only 35k miles on it. Owner says he took very good care of it and it looks like it. Has some upgrades to but nothing throwing crazy hp. The Motor is still stock. He’s asking $29k. What’s your thoughts?

·
Registered
990 Posts
thats a bit overpriced.

mods dont add value, and who knows how its been tuned/taken care of.

I'd say 25k is more reasonable.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
29K is pretty steep. Thats almost the price of a new sti...

I would say 20K if its really top notch condition. If not then id offer a little less.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a bit overpriced.

mods dont add value, and who knows how its been tuned/taken care of.

I'd say 25k is more reasonable.
I don’t believe he will go that low. He was asking 29k and with not much wiggle room brought it to 28k. It was tuned by a reputable shop and on quite a conservative tune. And while I do agree mods don’t add much more value the KBB value for this car is estimated around $26-28k. I wish I can get it for 25k but I doubt he will ever go that low!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
29K is pretty steep. Thats almost the price of a new sti...

I would say 20K if its really top notch condition. If not then id offer a little less.
Unfortunately I can’t get the car for $20k. The KBB price estimates $26-28k a private seller and a used dealer won’t ever go less then that. I’m not sure if it’s overpriced or the last year STI hatch just holds value very well....

·
Registered
990 Posts
I don’t believe he will go that low. He was asking 29k and with not much wiggle room brought it to 28k. It was tuned by a reputable shop and on quite a conservative tune. And while I do agree mods don’t add much more value the KBB value for this car is estimated around $26-28k. I wish I can get it for 25k but I doubt he will ever go that low!
What is a "Conservative" tune?

everyone who sells their cars always try to say their tune is "conservative"

With that said, I would not pay 29k for a 5 year old Sti, modded and with 35k miles.

I bought my 2012 in 2015 with 39k miles for 28k, from a dealer no less, and it was 100% stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much is it worth it to you?
Honestly idk. I kinda saw KBB value and thought it wasn’t a awful deal. People are saying buy new, but what if I want a STI hatch? I came in here for feedback and I defiantly got it. But I see sti hatches in great condition sell for this in fb groups in the not that long ago. Is it possible a clean sti hatch just is gonna cost more then all these sedans these people are buying newer? Which means I’ll be able to sell it for a good amount if I keep it clean as well down the line ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don’️t believe he will go that low. He was asking 29k and with not much wiggle room brought it to 28k. It was tuned by a reputable shop and on quite a conservative tune. And while I do agree mods don’️t add much more value the KBB value for this car is estimated around $26-28k. I wish I can get it for 25k but I doubt he will ever go that low!
What is a "Conservative" tune?

everyone who sells their cars always try to say their tune is "conservative"

With that said, I would not pay 29k for a 5 year old Sti, modded and with 35k miles.

I bought my 2012 in 2015 with 39k miles for 28k, from a dealer no less, and it was 100% stock.
Do you think a sti hatch just holds value much better then the sedans? Because I’ve seen sti hatches sell for similar on fb. I’m really just wondering. I defiantly want the hatch, and I’m looking for decently low miles too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hard pass. Buy new if he won't go lower. Got my 2019 for 35K. 6 grand less for a 5 year old car doesn't make sense.
So many people say to buy newer for a little more, but is it possible sti hatch is just in demand which is why they sell for much more then sedans? Kbb has the car I’m talking about valued $26-28k

·
Registered
342 Posts
i also sought out the hatch...was tough to catch a break on cost, got higher mileage and had expectations to need way more than it actually did, if you say its worth it and you have the money then who are we to tell you otherwise? I was always told sleep on it and if it is still something you want in the morning (aka not impulse buy) then its worth it to you, money is just paper or 0s and 1s depending on how you get paid lol. my wife would tell me my car didn't need anything when I got it and has on several occasions asked why I keep the car...so if its what will make you happy and the cost is agreeable and affordable then I say do it! I have no regrets and I remind my wife why I got it (she told me to get it as she was tired of me showing her pictures of them lol) and I see few cars I would like to drive but none really compare to the daily experience mine offers to me!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts