45.00 Transfer tag
50.00 1% county tax
----------
$32,949.70 Out The Door.

Thanks,Ken

·
Registered
396 Posts
I'd say the armrest extension and wheel locks are at about their cost, not MSRP on the parts which is good. The $1K discount is good, but I think market value could get you a little more.

The dealer admin fee and the tire/battery fee ... what are those for? I'd question that strongly as profit, just hidden as a "standard" fee on all cars they sell.

Did your dealer just offer these numbers to you, or did you have to work to get here?

-Lance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Actually I gave him a quote from another dealer, and he said the best discount he could give was $1000 off. The other dealer quoted me $29,320 + tax which roughly came to $31,070 out the door. Its really going to come to if I can wait or not :) Also I did e-mail him about that dealer fee, I believe it is bull. The other dealer had no such thing, only a doc fee for $55, tire tax for $5, transit tag for $10 I am awaiting a response from him still.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
396 Posts
I didn't think anyone charged for PDI. That is supposed to be part of the dealer hold-back. Transportation fees however - everyone charges for those. True MSRP on the car is $30995, but when you add the transport fee of $550, you get $31545. To make it simple, thats the number they advertise as MSRP.

The administrative fee at my local dealer is $20. Does Ohio tax tires extra or something - whats with the tire tax?

So how long would you have to wait to save the $1200 difference between these two cars?

-Lance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
I'm actually dealing with Becker in PA and Mastro in Tampa. Neither of the dealers mentioned a PDI fee, but they both added the transport fee. The tire tax was applied in both quotes, I really dont know what it's for. Becker is selling at invoice, and Mastro is alittle over. The reason I would have to wait is because, I'm in FL for school but graduating in December and going home back to Ohio, so I could probably buy it here and pay alittle more and enjoy it in the nice weather first, or wait until Dec-Jan when I'm in Ohio to get it at Becker, which would be cheaper.

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you trade a car in, you'll get a good deal in ohio depending on what county you live in. I know when I lived in FL sales tax was 6% is it still? Here in dayton the scums raised it to 7.5%. However, heres the deal: If you trade a car in, REGARDLESS if you have negative equity, or what you owe on it, Ohio credits your used car trade in value and subtracts that from the purchase price of the STi. Then they tax you only on the leftover. Get it?

You'll have to do some "Fuzzy Math" to see if it'll work best for you to buy here or in FLorida but hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts