IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I check the guys feedback and everyone seems happy but I was wondering if anyone here had and technical feedback as to the quality of this product?

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Just remember you get what you pay for....Personally I would not buy any major component from ebay....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I know that but I know that I have heard that some of the stuff on ebay is good stuff and I was wondering if maybe this stuff was

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
crap.....

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
most of the DP's I have seen are made of 304 stainless ( invidia, perrin, hks, the ebay ones) and are TIG welded. if cracking really a problem? what is a good price for a used DP?

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
PhaseTuning said:
most of the DP's I have seen are made of 304 stainless ( invidia, perrin, hks, the ebay ones) and are TIG welded. if cracking really a problem? what is a good price for a used DP?

304 should work fine considering all the people running 304 headers out there.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
my point earlier was they can claim it 304 and tig welded but how will you know? Can you tell what type of stainless it is by looking at it? Also if APS and others sell those items for $600 or $700 and copies on EBAY are selling for $150, dont think there is a reason why???

·
Registered
928 Posts
2fas4u said:
my point earlier was they can claim it 304 and tig welded but how will you know? Can you tell what type of stainless it is by looking at it? Also if APS and others sell those items for $600 or $700 and copies on EBAY are selling for $150, dont think there is a reason why???
Valid point, but we can't confirm that it isn't what the ad says it is either. For all we know the eBay piece is awesome and the seller is willing to accept smaller margins than APS etc...

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

·
Premium Member
4,591 Posts
IIRC STI's don't need an up pipe. Looks about the same as the Injen DP I'm using but alot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
thrlskr said:
Valid point, but we can't confirm that it isn't what the ad says it is either. For all we know the eBay piece is awesome and the seller is willing to accept smaller margins than APS etc...

Price is what you pay, value is what you get.

then go buy it already...You can lead a horse to water..... Sheesh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts