IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a prewired plugs for the under seat woofers in the 04 STIs?
if so i want to go to the dealer and get the woofers and stick them under my seat
[/i]

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
northern CA tuesday nite weekly meets...

"woofers"? i think there is only one woofer in the subaru setup. in any case, looking at wi-60 and wi-61, i don't see any pre-installed wiring for the subwoofer accessory.

·
Registered
199 Posts
the subaru sub comes with a piece that fits between the in-dash connector and head unit. it has a long piece that has to be run under the center console to run the sub. in short, no, it's not pre-wired.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh, coz i thot there are those powered sub accessory from subaru
and would like to get one under my seat, but if it takes too much work for wiring, i rather not

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yep, that powered sub does exist, but there doesn't appear to be pre-existing wiring for it. i'll bet if you ordered that sub, you'd get all the harnesses you need to connect it to a *stock* headunit.

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
I put one in my Legacy. You get wires that plug into the harness of the head unit. You basically unplug the speakers, plug in the sub, and then plug the speakers into the back of the sub plug. Then thread the wires down the center counsole. The sub goes under the seat with a bracket and some double sided tape. Not too difficult to put in. You will have to remove the center counsole, center of the dash, and head unit... well that is what I had to remove in my Legacy, I am guessing it will be pretty similar, other than the sub in my Legacy went under the driver's seat and the sub in the WRX goes under the pass seat.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I think steps 10, 11, and 12 pretty much sum it up. I also looked under my passenger seat and didn't see any spare plugs. Sorry.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, i got the subwoofer in
it's quite easy
they give u a stereo harness extension with a split that plugs into the sub
and other one goes to the stereo, very easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts