IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have the OEM carbon fiber kit in mine. I love it! The WRX kit is NOT exctly the same. The STi kit includes the HVAC sensor cut out and the HVAC controls mount different then the WRX as well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
STi_This said:
I have the OEM carbon fiber kit in mine. I love it! The WRX kit is NOT exctly the same. The STi kit includes the HVAC sensor cut out and the HVAC controls mount different then the WRX as well.
So is it just something that sticks on the front of the stock pieces, or does it replace them?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Future for StaticX motorsports

DrEvyl said:
STi_This said:
So is it just something that sticks on the front of the stock pieces, or does it replace them?
It replaces them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
STi_This said:
DrEvyl said:
STi_This said:
It replaces them.
Got pics?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I went for the OEM carbon fiber treatment for my STI...just another one of the options that I wanted to include on my car. I have the original trim pieces all bubble wrapped up and that way I will have two complete sets of trim available for the next owner of this car in the event that I sell it sometime down the line. My dealer kept all of the installation sheets from my accessories for me since I requested them. The only thing that I find odd about the OEM carbon fiber trim kit is the fact that the trim around the shifter wasn't made into carbon fiber with the kit :( . I "myself" think that the carbon fiber looks pretty hot on this car and I'm glad that I went for this opiton while writing up my order 8) .

·
Registered
399 Posts
anyone know how well the brushed aluminum matches our car from that site?

·
Registered
385 Posts
possible to get STi less than MRSP (Northeast IN area)?

STi_Thunder said:
Is this the trim that you guys are talking about?

I saw an STi with it, and didn't look like carbon fiber. In www.spt.subaru.com it is a $321 option. It better be CF for that price ... :roll:
Yes, thats it. The kit is not real CF.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To each their own. I have the kit myself. Wanted something a little different than the silver. I have like it. They are full replacement pieces which is very nice. Price was not great at $220 but what do you expect from OEM. Real CF will run you a pretty penny.

·
Registered
399 Posts
STi Thunder $321 for carbon fiber is real cheap. My uncle owned a hummer a few years ago and a real carbon fiber kit for his car was almost $1300. Real carbon fiber is very expensive thats why you don't see many things that are made out of carbon fiber for cheap...

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
STIml8n said:
STi Thunder $321 for carbon fiber is real cheap. My uncle owned a hummer a few years ago and a real carbon fiber kit for his car was almost $1300. Real carbon fiber is very expensive thats why you don't see many things that are made out of carbon fiber for cheap...
Yeah, I know :D .. My point was that the OEM Subaru trim is just "CF-look" trim, and not real CF, which makes it a ripoff ... $321 for that dash kit is pretty cheap if it was CF ...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts