IW STi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah man, super normal. I have a 2021 STI with the big brakes as well and she squeals away when it gets hot. Mine is usually with a normal amount of brake force. It stops if you brake really light or hard.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
what pads? it may or may not be normal. normally it is, as certain, even street friendly pads will make noise until the pads themselves are hot, and that doesnt necessarily mean baking in the sun hot, it could mean much more pending the pad and the heat range for it. it looks like you have plenty of pad left. so i'd guess when they make noise, if you were to get on the brakes a few time that noise would either fade or go away completely. and if the brakes cool down enough aka sitting still or driving down a highway not using the brakes for a while, it'll come back.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Older car here. I'm assuming that you have OEM pads still, I have no experience with those. When I had Hawk HP-1 the noise was really annoying. And the dust. And they don't stop well first stop when they are cold.
Changed to Carbotech 1521, and made sure to put the anti-squeal compound on the backs during installation. No squeal. Way less dust. A little noise but they're Brembos, you always get the slap/clack when going from backing to forward too. Similar stopping characteristics when hot or cold. Not a track pad, but I use them for autocross, and like that I have to use a little more pressure than hot Hawks as it gives me better control.

If you overheat these in street driving, you need to start tracking the car (with track pads) and get that **** out of your system. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts