IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer: Most of you will consider this video boring. You've been warned. :lol:

Unfortunately, I'm still bone stock powerwise. Lately I've been half-heartedly wondering if my STi is getting slower. :D Recently the town closed off a local road that blocks off this other perfect road, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to play with my wife's handheld camera, which I taped to my steering column with double-sided tape.

Don't expect an exciting video, it's just two pulls (one in 2nd the other in 1st) up to around 140-150km/h. I just wanted to compare this to an older video of mine.

Does this look normal to you guys or is my car really getting slower? :lol:

http://www.digitalfiends.com/downloads/movies/personal/STi%20check.wmv

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
zzzzz......zzzzz....*snore*....:lol: j/k

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lokutus1 said:
zzzzz......zzzzz....*snore*....:lol: j/k
haha :D

So that seems pretty normal for stock, right?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
ur fine.....

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe good to know. I so can't wait for stage 2 + protune. Just waiting to hear if Cobb's new AP is coming out and if its not out by next spring, just going to grab the old one + Cobb catted TBE. I'm just waiting for my Cusco engine/tranny mounts and have to order some RCE springs and camber plates for next spring. Can't wait!

·
Indiatr0n in yo IWDPL
8,577 Posts
Digitalfiend said:
Hehe good to know. I so can't wait for stage 2 + protune. Just waiting to hear if Cobb's new AP is coming out and if its not out by next spring, just going to grab the old one + Cobb catted TBE. I'm just waiting for my Cusco engine/tranny mounts and have to order some RCE springs and camber plates for next spring. Can't wait!
Sounds like a good plan! You'll love the Cobb catted TBE, sounds great, fitment's great, and doesn't get too much cop attention ;)

(I'll be going with RCE springs in the spring as well ;))

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ikon said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...zzzzzzzzzz
/ban !! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pitcherman said:
I was thinking holy shat your car's fast......then I noticed the whole KPH thing......doh...:lol:
You wouldn't believe how many people don't notice the kph...if my car was that fast I'd be dead. :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've found that if you drive like a grandma for any length of time, the car seems to lose power. If I bring it out and rev to redline a couple times through 3 or 4 gears the car will "wake up", a noticable difference in throttle response. It will just feel more, well, peppy. Anyone else experience this.....Did your car feel better after the couple runs?

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SCOOBYTRAP said:
I've found that if you drive like a grandma for any length of time, the car seems to lose power. If I bring it out and rev to redline a couple times through 3 or 4 gears the car will "wake up", a noticable difference in throttle response. It will just feel more, well, peppy. Anyone else experience this.....Did your car feel better after the couple runs?
Yeah I had reset the ECU the day before I did this video and flogged it for a day. Prior to that, I had been driving to and from Ottawa on business, which is about 730 km per trip and involves using cruise control set at 90-100km/h for 90% of it. The ECU probably adjusted to that kind of driving because it felt really sluggish driving around town. Now it feels back to normal. Granted, I got amazing gas mileage using cruise though...almost 560km / tank.

I was also somewhat joking about my car feeling slower. In the early days of this forum people used to post about how something might be wrong with their car because it feels slower. They were just getting used to the power. That's my problem...I'm used to the power. :lol:

I talked to a local Cobb AP dealer but I think I'm going to wait until Cobb releases their new AccessPort. After reading through the StreetTuner thread, it appears the new AP will allow for bigger basemaps (i.e. more customization), faster flashes, better resale value, etc. Apparently it is coming out this fall after Cobb gets rid of all their current stock. I think I can wait. Then the big question becomes do I go stage 1 or jump to stage 2. :D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts