IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a very unnerving sound when I reverse and turn the wheel to pull out of a parking spot, or when I roll over a speedbreaker. The sound is similar to a creeky bed or metal being stressed. Do any of you experience this with your suspension?

M

·
0 Posts
Re: time has come, It's either going to be an STi or Lexus G

If I turn my wheels to the lock on the right, and drive in a circle i can generate a noise similar to what you are saying, but if I do it full lock to the left, it does not make any sound at all.

I haven't heard or noticed it any other time, and since I almost never go fully locked in a turn, I haven't really worried about it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just curious...........if your DCCD is not in auto it'll make all kinds of funny sounds........... :wink:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gumpajim, Aussiborn, Misterkl...Actually I have been in auto mode the whole time and it does this quite often. I am well aware of the noises the diffs make when in full lock when you turn the steering. Especially when you are almost at a complete stop and you turn the steering half it's diameter.(feels like your suspension is gonna pop). Rjhang not quite that kind of sound but strictly a creeking noise...like the wheels axels are under strain, sounds like when you open up the rusted door on the old school cars. Maybe I should take it to the dealership...but getting an appoinment with them is like waiting for the STi to come stateside....plus they're probably gonna claim this to be normal.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
I know this sound exactly. It happens anytime I make a right turn onto a street that is severely concaved or angled. Basically every morning I pull into work. It is annoying and I thought I would take it in also, but it may be normal I suppose :roll:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
It is definitely from the back. I was going to let the wife take the wheel while I hoped in the trunk. I'm pretty sure it is coming from the passenger rear area while going around a right banked in turn. It seems to be the only time it happens.

It's a creaky sound that reminds me when I had front endlinks on my old 98RS. On the RS I was getting creaking somewhere between the strut and the front swaybar, or so I thought.

·
Registered
343 Posts
StrikTerorInst said:
It is a very unnerving sound when I reverse and turn the wheel to pull out of a parking spot, or when I roll over a speedbreaker. The sound is similar to a creeky bed or metal being stressed. Do any of you experience this with your suspension?
Mine makes the same noises in the situations you listed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
mine does the same shit.. it squeeks on the right front passenger side.. especially when i make right turns not too often though.. sometimes when i go like around 70 - 80mph i hear it sometimes.. its really weird but i hope its nothing serious.. i actually went underneath my car and checked everything is tight including the wheel lugs.. damn it annoying sometimes but hopefully nothing serious.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts