IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a 2011 EJ257 short block to rebuild and eventually put in my 2004 STI. But before I do so, I want to know if the block out of the 2011 STI is the same as what was put into my 2004 STI. I don't want to start this project and find out mount locations for things changed between the years.
I was under the impression they were exactly the same, but I was hoping someone might be able to clarify.

I didn't see any other forums that answered this question, so I thought this might be the first time it has been asked.

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
10,691 Posts
Short block should be very similar, difference would be in heads (2004 S-AVCS versus 2011 D-AVCS).

·
Registered
985 Posts
I am looking at getting a 2011 EJ257 short block to rebuild and eventually put in my 2004 STI. But before I do so, I want to know if the block out of the 2011 STI is the same as what was put into my 2004 STI. I don't want to start this project and find out mount locations for things changed between the years.
I was under the impression they were exactly the same, but I was hoping someone might be able to clarify.

I didn't see any other forums that answered this question, so I thought this might be the first time it has been asked.

Thank you,
Should be identical size wise.

but the 2011 will have a nitrided crank, which is "better" than the older cranks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts