IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently did my alignment and set it up for -2.5 up front and -1.8 in the rear. Is this too much camber for a car that is used for some highway with some spirited driving?

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
-2.5 up front will eat the inside of you tire faster then say -1.5 or -2.0.

with that much camber the car will be twitchy and will have less straightline grip and in the rain you'll notice it the most.

Are you running camber plates or bolts?

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
i run -3.2 front on the street.... it's fun ;)

but i wouldn't suggest it :lol:

·
Banned
7,256 Posts
I'm running -3 up front and -1.5 in the rear with 0 toe all around.

Once I get my 6Gun ball joint adapters installed I'll be backing off to about -2.25 in the front. I've also got some plans to add lots of caster so I might just back it off even more.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I have -2.25 and based on my shoulder wear could use more negative camber. It really depends on your driving style!

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
If you arnt taking the car to an autox or track I would say thats too much. I guess -1.5 is plenty for a street car - thats if you push it occasionally I suppose.

With that said, I drive around with -2.7 fronts and -1.4 in the rears around on the street during the autox season. I dont bother with street settings since I dont use whacky toe settings.

My goal after the springs and rear camber bolts is going to be -3.0 front and -1.2 rear.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I run -3.0 in front, -1.6 in the rear with 0 toe all around with no issues. Toe is what really eats tires.

·
Registered
8,266 Posts
As long as you dont drive straight too often youll be fine. Seriously, with -2.5 youll have to drive spiritedly a lot to get even tire wear.

·
Premium Member
9,518 Posts
I run mine at -2.5F -1.8R and it works perfectly, although I track my car often so its a bit more necessary. For a car that is not tracked or auto-xed, I would say -2.5 is overkill. -1.5-2 should still feel great while providing better tire wear and straight line stability.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Let's say with the alk and L & R camber plate switch and rotated for more caster, flipping the a arm rod mod, and 27-29mm WL fsb, and possibly later the 6gun mod, how much camber would you still need?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
mine is a daily driver on the highway and i run 1.5 upfront..
also could someone tell me for sure if the rear camber is adjustable on a 04 sti and if so how..?? thanks

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull it back to about -2.0 up front and leave the rear alone, cause the rear is such a pain to adjust.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Turninconcepts.com said:
I don't think that will be a problem for just about anyone here.
haha, was for me. got me in trouble. I got ticketed for going too fast on the highway offramp :p -2F, -1.5R, 0 Toe for me.

·
I Solve Problems
18,253 Posts
EarlQHan said:
haha, was for me. got me in trouble. I got ticketed for going too fast on the highway offramp :p -2F, -1.5R, 0 Toe for me.
i'd frame that ticket! 75 in a suggested 35 off ramp :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts