IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a paint touch up repair place in Denver?

So anyone else on here from Iowa?

I have a 2002 WRX, and maybe someday I will own a STI, but until then.....

-Lance

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:roll: Wow. I think this means group meets are out?

-Lance

·
Registered
347 Posts
Picking it up tomorrow

Murley's in Iowa, or at least his dealership is. Haven't seen much from him in a while.

Where are you at in Iowa? You could always drive down to KC. Alot of others do. I see Iowa a Nebraska plates all the time. There are always a bunch at Royals and Chiefs games.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Yeah Lance...the drive down is fun! 5 hours of sheer pleasure. Let's not get into how bad the Des Moines to KC drive is....ugh!

·
Registered
6 Posts
SBC-ID Spec 3 INSTALL PLEASE HELP!

I'm barely in Iowa (I'm in Decorah close to WI and MN).
I have a 2004 USDM STI, but I must say, I almost haven't seen any Imprezas in Iowa at all.

BTW, do you know of any gas stations down in Cedar Rapids (or elsewhere in Iowa for that matter) that carry 93 octane (preferably without ethanol)?
(Lucky me, there's an Amoco that carries 93 in Decorah).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know of one gas station so far here in Cedar Rapids that carries 93. It is on the West side, at the intersection on Johnson Ave and Edgewood Road. I haven't been looking to hard for more stations though since I don't yet have an STI.

Give me a shout if you know your going to be in the area. Its always good to see other subie fans.

-Lance

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most BP stations that I have been to, Quad City area and throughout Illinois have 93. I think some shell stations have it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That must be nice. All the BP stations here in Cedar Rapids have 91 or 92.

With my job, I do a lot of travel, sometimes into more rural parts of Iowa. There are many small towns that you can't even find 91 octane in. I can't figure out why anybody buys 87 octane anymore with the price of 89.5 (the ethanol blend) being so close in price. Seems to me that its a dead product, but it must sell better than 91 in small towns.

-Lance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Site Donations Program

The BP in Solon has 93 octane. I think there are some stations in Marion that do too. (I'd check, but I no longer live in the area)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
FINALLY, someone else in Iowa! I live in Des Moines and am also looking for people to meet up with. Need a site dedicated to Iowa, basically an Iowa Impreza Club site. Anyways, I would like to invite you to TriStates raceway this spring. I used to own a Pontiac GP so I go there with them. It is the best 1/4 strip on the planet. I'll let you know the date as soon as I find out.

Brian

[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Lips

Hi there,

I'm the guy you met @ KFC a couple weeks ago. Just thought I'd say hi to the other Iowa people. Hope to see some of you at the autocrosses this spring.

--Josh

BTW, as for 93, I believe that the BP on 42nd and Center Point has 93, I used to occaisonally get it for my Talon.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Anyone up for going to the dragstrip April 18th. I'm going to Tri-States raceway that day, just wondering if anyone else wanted to go.

Brian

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anyone go out in the snow today?

Sorry Brian, but I'm not much for the drag strip stuff. Now if you are planning a group meet to do some drifting on snow or gravel, let me know. I don't get to Des Moines much, but I hear there are a lot of nice cars that get together on certain nights of the week there in the summer. BTW, nice signature.

Josh - Thanks for the heads up on the 93 octane. It seems most of the BP stations around here carry 92 instead of 93.

Just got the SCCA info for the year - looks like 2 tune-ups at Kirkwood on April 18th and May 2nd. The first SCCA meet is on May 16th at Waterloo Greyhound park.

-Lance

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It's about 45min straight west of Dubuque. Roughly. DoubleJ might come over from Chicago to run. I told him it's the best track in the midwest, and it is.

mx270a- I'm not a big fan of the dragstrip either, frankly I get bored. However, I do like to know what it'll run in the 1/4 mile. That's the only reason I go. Well that, and just to hang out with the club.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
All the Iowa people need to check out Nasioc. I suggested we have a meet April 24th, we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow. You guys have a crowd going over there at nasioc. Sweet. I might be game for the April 24th meet - still too far out to tell.

-Lance

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys, just joined (sorry for resurrecting such an old thread), and I too a from Cedar Rapids. I don't have an STi yet, but I'm planning on purchasing one within a year. Just wanted to say hi....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts