IW STi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ya, I just ordered it and have been doing alot of research on different forums to find out all I can about what Im getting myself into:) ...and the most I ever see are For Sale posts for it...what the heck? I can understand if your getting pulled over all the time, that can get a lil expensive but geeze!

Oh well, I cant wait for it to get here! I want loud baby!

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
its going to be ver very very loud indeed

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome i cant wait....i also ordered 4 Kartboy long hangers just to be safe...not saying i will use them all....but do i NEED them, how should i set it up...cause i dont want it hanging too low but i dont wanna burn the bumper? what do you pro's think?

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
turbojoey said:
awesome i cant wait....i also ordered 4 Kartboy long hangers just to be safe...not saying i will use them all....but do i NEED them, how should i set it up...cause i dont want it hanging too low but i dont wanna burn the bumper? what do you pro's think?
i think u should've ordered the reg kartboy but its all good

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the Invidia sounds awesome. i sold mine, but its because i get hassled by too many damn cops by my house.

good choice with the hangers, i needed them for my invidia. then again, i bought it off my friend who had it on his wrx, so im not sure if its different.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks, I hope i made the right decision and am really looking forward to hearing it. NOBODY in my area with an STI has a loud or even decent sounding exhaust...there are 2 WRX's i can think of that sound OK but nothing to get wet over....im really looking forward to being "that car"

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hello you made the right choice...If you like loud exhaust..I have the invidia v2 downpipe and the N1 racing catback..at idle its not that loud but when you start driving and get on the pedal its loud and i love it...My father said when i drove away from the house he heard me for about 4 blocks away maybe even longer....Goodluck...Gene

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha thats what i like to hear...my girlfriend said she can hear me coming when i round the corner of her street and im stock!!! i dont know how the heck but whatever...i told her now she will hear me before i even leave my house...10 blocks away!

·
Registered
442 Posts
turbojoey said:
haha thats what i like to hear...my girlfriend said she can hear me coming when i round the corner of her street and im stock!!! i dont know how the heck but whatever...i told her now she will hear me before i even leave my house...10 blocks away!
lol:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you shift pretty low in the RPM's and aren't on the gas too much it's pretty tame. I've had cops right behind a few times now and haven't gotten hassled, but I was also shifting before 2k. Once you get on it though the whole world knows you're coming, and hell's coming with you....

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
HAha thats awesome...Thanks for the tip on shifting...ill use it just to be safe but the cops around here dont care at all....heck one of them is probably one of the best SCCA auto-x'ers in the state and i let him drive my car once in a while...first time he was ever in an STI he drove teh balls out of it...he gives our cars mad respect by the way...he loved it...and im not even gonna tell you how bad he beat me in my own car!!!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Nice choice ;) ....I have the N1 Regular and it's LOUD :lol:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
n1 + v2 dp = FTW :tup

I love it....it was pretty loud, and I have the resonated version. It's definitely a beautiful sound though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts